Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-10-2010, 01:48 PM   #16
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
:coughs:

toilet paper ?
you read your toilet paper!!!???

however, I did date one British soldier who gave me an official roll of regimental toilet paper... interesting way to waste money...
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:58 PM   #17
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
bog book?
"Bog" is a vulgar lower class English term for lavatory, WC, toilet, john. Being a vulgar lower class English person though, bog is my preferred term. Thus "bog book" `= a book read in/on the bog
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:01 PM   #18
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
details, too many, thereof ....
Sorry to offend your delicate sensibilities - but he did ask! (The really interesting question is why he asked )
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:17 PM   #19
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
There are much more comfy places to read than on the loo! I would rather be in and out in a short amount of time. High fibre diet helps here

I do tend to go in there during phone calls though. hmmmmm
I'm with you there! If I'm reading anything, it's the side of the box that's been holding my whirlpool tub for the past 7 years. Word of advice... I have a lot of friends that say they wish they could have a whirlpool tub. I would rephrase that and add that what they REALLY want is a whirlpool tub that is out of it's box, installed and working. You really need to be more specific in your wishes, requests, prayers, etcetera!

And where else can you get the privacy or uninterrupted time you need to talk on the phone when you have children than the bathroom... with a functioning lock (to be more specific)?!!!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:30 PM   #20
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
"Bog" is a vulgar lower class English term for lavatory, WC, toilet, john. Being a vulgar lower class English person though, bog is my preferred term. Thus "bog book" `= a book read in/on the bog
o.
i.
c.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
I'm with you there! If I'm reading anything, it's the side of the box that's been holding my whirlpool tub for the past 7 years. Word of advice... I have a lot of friends that say they wish they could have a whirlpool tub. I would rephrase that and add that what they REALLY want is a whirlpool tub that is out of it's box, installed and working. You really need to be more specific in your wishes, requests, prayers, etcetera!

And where else can you get the privacy or uninterrupted time you need to talk on the phone when you have children than the bathroom... with a functioning lock (to be more specific)?!!!
I totally understand that!!! I have a ten thousand dollar Viking Stove in the corner of my bedroom (which was supposed to be the new kitchen) that has been sitting there for 5 years!

and I know about the privacy issues... I used to be followed into the bathroom by the 2 kids that were my own, occasionally a variety of neighborhood kids, and anywhere from 3 to 8 Newfies. and it was a SMALL bathroom!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:33 PM   #21
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
Sorry to offend your delicate sensibilities - but he did ask! (The really interesting question is why he asked )
Oh, finally the right question.

Elementary, Watson.
To make fun of us.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:14 PM   #22
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Almost every male I know takes reading material with them to the bathroom. Usually a newspaper or magazine. Since this is a reader forum, I thought I'ed find out if anyone read books in there and if any women did also, since they spend the longest amount of time in bathrooms.
recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:18 PM   #23
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recluse View Post
Almost every male I know takes reading material with them to the bathroom. Usually a newspaper or magazine. Since this is a reader forum, I thought I'ed find out if anyone read books in there and if any women did also, since they spend the longest amount of time in bathrooms.
Well, that might be so, but it's hard to read while you're drying your hair or putting on your make-up. Just thinking about the serious curling iron burns I could suffer, if I were trying to read at the same time! I spend more time in the bathroom washing my face, brushing my teeth, not to mention cleaning it! I for one don't have a big comfy chair in my bathroom (my preferred location for reading)! A big whirlpool in a box, but no big comfy chair!

I never got the multi-tasking gene that most moms seem to possess!
Old 05-10-2010, 10:53 PM   #24
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I kinda meant when you are using the bathroom as it was intended to be used, not "I'm putting on my face" projects. Personally, I think you ladies need an entirely separate room for that. Sorry to hear about your "tub in a box" problem. They are quite easy to install, if the prep work is done properly.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:20 PM   #25
rebarnmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by recluse View Post
I kinda meant when you are using the bathroom as it was intended to be used, not "I'm putting on my face" projects. Personally, I think you ladies need an entirely separate room for that.
An entirely separate room WOULD be nice. I'll have to rethink our floorplan.

So, you think that women spend more time sitting on the porcelain throne than men do? I beg to differ.

What was this thread about again?
Old 05-10-2010, 11:28 PM   #26
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
An entirely separate room WOULD be nice. I'll have to rethink our floorplan.

So, you think that women spend more time sitting on the porcelain throne than men do? I beg to differ.

What was this thread about again?
Well actually, he is right (Oh how that hurts to say). But unless you are able to do #1s standing you are spending more time sitting on the porcelain.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:41 PM   #27
rebarnmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katti's Cat View Post
Well actually, he is right (Oh how that hurts to say). But unless you are able to do #1s standing you are spending more time sitting on the porcelain.
Leaving out the basic difference in plumbing (men vs. women), I still believe that women are out of there much quicker. (Personally I've got better things to do.) While I think men consider it a respite.

But then, maybe it's not a question of gender, but of age.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:44 PM   #28
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Leaving out the basic difference in plumbing (men vs. women), I still believe that women are out of there much quicker. (Personally I've got better things to do.) While I think men consider it a respite.

But then, maybe it's not a question of gender, but of age.
You may have a point for the single visits (I only spend extended time on the porcelain when at work - great way of procrastination). But overall us ladies do sit longer , just because we have to sit more.

And not to get into too much detail, but MOTH is usually fast. I found out the hard way why when I had to go after him - I was even faster out of there
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:02 AM   #29
rebarnmom
Wizard

I was just looking at the poll results from the June 2009 "Do you read in the bathroom?" thread.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48315

I'm definitely in the minority. So this discussion is for those who voted "Yes I do and I think it is normal."

If we were talking about reading in the tub, that might be an altogether different matter, but without the functioning whirlpool, I'll never know if it's a place I would enjoy reading. I look forward to the opportunity some day!

If I were into reading in the bathroom, it would probably be the same kind of stuff I like reading now, which would be mostly inspirational and some sci-fi for fun! How's that for a combination!

Last edited by rebarnmom; 05-11-2010 at 01:26 AM. Reason: to provide an answer to the question
Old 05-11-2010, 12:12 AM   #30
recluse
Banned

First off, let me say that I grew up in a house with three women. The only extended amount of time I got to spend in there was when I was doing repairs. Secondly, all the ads about regularity and constipation I see are aimed solely at women. I just asked if you all read in there.