Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-22-2017, 08:26 AM   #1
Hop-frog
Hop-frog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hop-frog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hop-frog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hop-frog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hop-frog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hop-frog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hop-frog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hop-frog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hop-frog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hop-frog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hop-frog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanvon N510Ⅱ
Is a Sony PRS-600 cover compatible with a Sony PRS-505 cover?

I have a Sony PRS-505. The original cover is broken. While searching on eBay, I found some sellers selling original Sony PRS-600 covers, claiming they were compatible with the Sony PRS-505. These covers are the original, standard cover that comes with a Sony PRS-600, and are sold by Sony. But looking at the pictures of the boxes, I see no mention of compatibility with the Sony PRS-505.

Do you know if the Sony PRS-600 cover is compatible with the Sony PRS-505?
Hop-frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:50 AM   #2
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
I don't have a 505 but I do have a 600 with an offical Sony cover. Just a regular one, not the lighted one. The 600 cover is 5" wide and 7" tall. With the reader installed, it's just over half an inch thick.

The cover attaches to the 600 by a plastic bar with pins that are out over the top and those pins stick into slots on the top and bottom of the reader.

Does that help?
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:29 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The cover for the 600 is not compatible with the 505. You will need to find a cover that works with the 595.

I found a silver 505 with a pink cover for $9.99 on eBay.This is probably the best deal you'll get. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Portabl...wAAOSw2xRYjSuR
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 02:10 PM   #4
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
I have the brown and silver 505 and might be persuaded to let the cover go. PM me if you are interested and I will see if I can get some photos for you.

Alternately, if you need any measurements or anything like that I can do that for you too.
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 02:19 PM   #5
ben.sawyer
Mister Wrong
ben.sawyer began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
You cant put 505 within 600 cover. There are differences in measurements.
ben.sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote