Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-06-2012, 10:22 AM   #226
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezh View Post
I apologise if this is the wrong place to bring this up, or if I've missed something in my calibre installation (version 0.9.5). All the local Amazon stores are selected for the 'Get books' feature (DE, ES, FR, IT, Kindle (US) and UK).

After doing a few searches this morning for titles I know Amazon has, I don't seem to get any hits at all from any of these stores. I do get hits from other vendors, so I know the feature is working on my system -- i.e. it's not my firewall blocking the program or something.

Just thought I'd mention it, as I haven't found a discussion about this anywhere else.
Thanks for letting me know. Amazon completely changed their sites. If things go well, the stores should be working again in the next calibre release.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:32 AM   #227
veezh
plus ça change
veezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindle PW2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
If things go well, the stores should be working again in the next calibre release.
Great news -- un grand merci, chaley !
veezh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:59 PM   #228
Jozwolf
Jozwolf began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Request for BooksonBoard in Stores

Hi Chaley - it would be just fantastic if you were able to add BooksonBoard.com to the stores. I use this one a lot and it is a pity not to be able to compare it when one uses Calibre. Hope this is possible. And thanks for all you do for us!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
As of right now I'm handling all US stores and Free sources. Charles is handling all of the EU. We don't have anyone handling any other part of the world at the moment.

What do you want to see for additional US stores? Even if it's already been requested the more people requesting help to prioritize based on popularity.

Also, once the majority of common stores are implemented requests will be minimal so I don't see having a central thread about it. There are only so many stores out there that people actually use.
Jozwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:53 AM   #229
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozwolf View Post
Hi Chaley - it would be just fantastic if you were able to add BooksonBoard.com to the stores. I use this one a lot and it is a pity not to be able to compare it when one uses Calibre. Hope this is possible. And thanks for all you do for us!!!!
@usernone: BooksonBoard is a US store, so I am passing the request to you.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:37 AM   #230
gcobb
gcobb began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 602
Request: Get Books for Tor UK Ebookstore

Apologies if this is not the right forum -- I am not sure whether this is a "plugin" or not.

Is it possible to extend the Calibre "Get Books" to the new Tor UK Ebookstore (see http://www.tor.com/blogs/2012/08/uk-...-from-tor-uk)? For those of us in the UK, this seems to be the only DRM-free source for these books.
gcobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:13 PM   #231
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
Kobo UK Store

I seem to be having a problem getting anything from Kobo.

I tried a few book titles including The Casual Vacancy but Kobo doesn't show up in the list.

I do get W H Smith UK however.

Should I get both bearing in mind that W H Smith books route you through to Kobo when you buy ?

p.s. also how about adding Hive books ?

pps is this the right place for problems with GetBooks ?
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:43 AM   #232
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcobb View Post
Apologies if this is not the right forum -- I am not sure whether this is a "plugin" or not.

Is it possible to extend the Calibre "Get Books" to the new Tor UK Ebookstore (see http://www.tor.com/blogs/2012/08/uk-...-from-tor-uk)? For those of us in the UK, this seems to be the only DRM-free source for these books.
I will look at implementing the Tor store.

However, I note that Tor books sold by Amazon France (where I am) are delivered without DRM because Tor insists on it (this is noted in the book description). Kudos to Tor for this! Amazon UK doesn't make the DRM status explicit, but I suspect the same thing is true there. No way to be sure without buying a book from them, something that I can't do because of where I live.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:03 PM   #233
Hatgirl
Addict
Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-T2, Kindle (7th Gen)
Could you add Wizard's Tower Books to Get Books? It sells DRM-free ebooks, mainly SF&F by authors like Ursula K. Le Guin, Elizabeth Bear and Jeffrey A. Carver.

http://www.wizardstowerbooks.com/
Hatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:19 PM   #234
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatgirl View Post
Could you add Wizard's Tower Books to Get Books? It sells DRM-free ebooks, mainly SF&F by authors like Ursula K. Le Guin, Elizabeth Bear and Jeffrey A. Carver.

http://www.wizardstowerbooks.com/
I can consider adding them back. They were part of GetBooks at one time but were removed when they changed their site and removed searching. It looks like they've changed their site again and have searching back.

One thing that makes me hesitate about adding them back is there were issue where the site would just stop working. It would be gone for days at a time. Basically their server would be offline. It's not so helpful or encouraging when the site is down repeatedly...
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:56 PM   #235
Hatgirl
Addict
Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-T2, Kindle (7th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
I can consider adding them back. They were part of GetBooks at one time but were removed when they changed their site and removed searching. It looks like they've changed their site again and have searching back.

One thing that makes me hesitate about adding them back is there were issue where the site would just stop working. It would be gone for days at a time. Basically their server would be offline. It's not so helpful or encouraging when the site is down repeatedly...
Yeah, there seems to have been some major issues with their old hosting providers, but since they switched to their current providers (way back in April, I think) I haven't had any problems accessing them.
Hatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:44 AM   #236
HWLange
HWLange began at the beginning.

Device: SONY reader
Quote:
Working on these now. If things go well, they should appear in the next release.

@frodonl & @lila55: will look at those stores in a week or two, after I return from a long-planned holiday.

@user_none: I am checking into doing Rizzoli. I already have an account at the company that runs their affiliate program, which unfortunately does not simplify things. Multi-country account management (currencies, bank accounts, etc) is confused, or at least confusing. I have asked them for how to proceed.
i still don't see www.beam-ebooks.de - am i to blind to see?
HWLange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:11 AM   #237
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWLange View Post
Beam was included in get books until their affiliate program went away several months ago. I contacted them at that time but got no answer.

Around 3 weeks ago their affiliate program came back, which is progress. Unfortunately I have yet to find a way to construct direct links to books, something that we must be able to do to make our search interface work. I cannot re-add the beam store until I solve this problem.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:13 AM   #238
HWLange
HWLange began at the beginning.

Device: SONY reader
Quote:
Beam was included in get books until their affiliate program went away several months ago. I contacted them at that time but got no answer.

Around 3 weeks ago their affiliate program came back, which is progress. Unfortunately I have yet to find a way to construct direct links to books, something that we must be able to do to make our search interface work. I cannot re-add the beam store until I solve this problem.
Good to know You are on the job. Let's hope You can solve the problem soon.
HWLange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:26 AM   #239
Lvmycorcor
Lvmycorcor began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD+ rooted w/cm11
New Get Books store

Hoping I'm in the right place to request this. Is there anyway to add http://tuebl.ca/ to the Get Books store list. I use this site alot and they always seem to have what I am looking for.
Thanks in advance.
Lvmycorcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:22 AM   #240
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWLange View Post
The owner of beam-ebooks contacted me and gave me the necessary information. The store is now back in get books.

Tags
calibre, plugin, store, theanarchistlibrary