Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-28-2011, 06:33 AM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Android Market eclipses Apple App Store as #1 source for free apps

http://www.unwiredview.com/2011/04/2...for-free-apps/
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:18 AM   #2
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini

i think my Droid X just did a little happy dance.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:11 AM   #3
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Of COURSE it did!
Old 04-28-2011, 09:47 AM   #4
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
my Droid X is dancing as well.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:17 AM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Reactions from my devices are as follows:
  • Nook Color
  • iPod touch
I'm staying out of it. I have to live with them
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:18 AM   #6
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Reactions from my devices are as follows:
  • Nook Color
  • iPod touch
I'm staying out of it. I have to live with them
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:23 PM   #7
madsquabbles
Groupie
madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: samsung 8.9, galaxy note 10.1, galaxy note 2, nook hd+, ipad
not to rain on your parade, but have you seen the quality of most of our free apps? some of them are just the same app named differently. or even an open source app that's been renamed. one "dev" had fbreader names 5 different ways.

i really wouldn't celebrate until we get the quality paid apps like ios has. i've spent more on apps for my ipad than i have on my android tablets and phones (which totaled 4 tablets - transfomer will be 5th - and 2 phones).
madsquabbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:42 PM   #8
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsquabbles View Post
not to rain on your parade, but have you seen the quality of most of our free apps? some of them are just the same app named differently. or even an open source app that's been renamed. one "dev" had fbreader names 5 different ways.

i really wouldn't celebrate until we get the quality paid apps like ios has. i've spent more on apps for my ipad than i have on my android tablets and phones (which totaled 4 tablets - transfomer will be 5th - and 2 phones).
Yeah, quality of apps should be considered. That's the first thing that came to my mind. No comparison at all. The thread should be deleted before OTHERS see this. Rock, where are you?
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:46 PM   #9
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:

Honestly, when talking about FREE apps, i've been much more pleased with what i've gotten for my Droid than I have with my ipod touch.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:52 PM   #10
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Yeah, quality of apps should be considered. That's the first thing that came to my mind. No comparison at all. The thread should be deleted before OTHERS see this. Rock, where are you?
I expected him to reply first.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:07 PM   #11
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Good point, but like most platforms some free apps are really good some are really bad, and many are repackaged with different names. You see this in the Blackberry App world, Apple Appstore, and as well as in Googles Market. One thing Google has done with Ads and in app billing has allowed many app vendors to subsidize their apps in a different manner. There are a good amount of quality games given for free because they can generate revenue through apps, where the equivalent games are sold on the iPhone.

There was a time where Apple admitted they too had a good amount of garbage apps in their Appstore and where pushing for more quality apps. They've since gone away from that marketing angle and are now pushing app count.

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 04-28-2011 at 03:09 PM.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:22 PM   #12
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:

you seem to paint a picture that the free apps are the low end of the spectrum quality apps. very misleading

Most major apps, such as your Bank, Airlines, Kayak, Weather Channel, Cnet, ESPN, Nook, Kindle , most major newspapers, your area's transits, Googl navigation (well they are baked into the OS t,) Angry Birds, Google Earth, Google sky, Google Goggles, Flixster, Madden NFL, RedBox, local Supermarkets, Cable companies, Yelp, YouTube etc, etc. ........ are

ALL FREE

And all are high quality Apps.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:39 PM   #13
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
My Nook Color only eats free apps. It's an entertainment device and the free apps available from Amazon and Google are just great.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:49 PM   #14
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I saw it when it was first created, and my immediate thought was "That's a LOT of fart apps".

After all, thats what many Android fans used to say when you brought up the size difference in the Android and IOS app markets.

I could haul out the links if you like.
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:52 PM   #15
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockdaMan View Post
I saw it when it was first created, and my immediate thought was "That's a LOT of fart apps".

After all, thats what many Android fans used to say when you brought up the size difference in the Android and IOS app markets.

I could haul out the links if you like.
Exactly why do you visit the Android forum?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote