Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-09-2010, 02:05 AM   #16
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
If that URL didn;t work, try this ...

http://gallery.me.com/clintbradford#100024
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:27 AM   #17
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintbradford View Post
If that URL didn;t work, try this ...

http://gallery.me.com/clintbradford#100024
Thank you!

I have one more question. After the device says it's done, upgraded,
do you disconnect it from usb first, power it down if needed or proceed
connected powering it on, as the screen asks for?
Best regards.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2010, 09:51 AM   #18
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
I didn't even have mine connected during the process. I just powered it up at the end.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:18 AM   #19
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
I didn't even have mine connected during the process. I just powered it up at the end.
Ah, yes, my bad.

I was about to ask: when did you pull out SD card?
When you turn the device on again or before it?

Another question. Is there any chance someone would
post the link to SD card image?
Best regards.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:03 PM   #20
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

>> ... After the device says it's done, upgraded, do you disconnect it from usb first, power it down if needed or proceed connected powering it on, as the screen asks for?

I am sorry - I should have better recorded what occurred. I *believe* I had to power down, disconnect USB cord, then re-attach USB cord ... THEN the computer "saw" the unit and the 2GB SD card I have with .pdf docs on it.

Short-term memory loss, I am afraid ....

Clint
Advert
Old 07-09-2010, 01:04 PM   #21
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...

>> ... I didn't even have mine connected during the process ...

My Kobo was in such a state that I couldn't do anything with it as far as resetting - unless it was plugged in to the computer that evening. That is why it is connected in those pictures.

Clint
Old 07-09-2010, 01:06 PM   #22
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...

>> ... Is there any chance someone would post the link to SD card image?

I accidentally left mine in a bar last night ...

I do not believe any of the valued participants here would violate Kobo's trust and offer the SD card's files online anywhere. Kobo is methodically handling ALL our requests for support in an efficient manner, IMHO.

Clint Bradford
Old 07-09-2010, 07:02 PM   #23
kyall
kyall began at the beginning.

The SD card was finally delivered today and apart from a complicated guess at what would make me launch the upgrade (Rebooting by plugging in USB eventually worked) everything seems to be working well.

I could attempt an SD card dump if Kobo is fine with that. I won't offer it, however, if that is against their wishes. It does seem to work a little better than the firmware update through software. At least I didn't brick my unit this way!
kyall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:54 AM   #24
zoran
himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyall View Post
The SD card was finally delivered today and apart from a complicated guess at what would make me launch the upgrade (Rebooting by plugging in USB eventually worked) everything seems to be working well.

I could attempt an SD card dump if Kobo is fine with that. I won't offer it, however, if that is against their wishes. It does seem to work a little better than the firmware update through software. At least I didn't brick my unit this way!
I simply see no reason why it should be the secret.

Issuing newer and newer (and better) firmwares is just a plus for
manufacturer. Having users to test and post opinions helps them
to brush off all bad and add more goodies.

This community is one of the reasons the ereader has so many
aficionados. You cannot pay such an advertisement. Where then
SD card comes into the story? It would make my particular life
easier. True in my case, unimportant for others, just as everything
else in the world.

Zoran
Old 07-10-2010, 09:35 PM   #25
kyall
kyall began at the beginning.

if Kobo is fine with it (Sameer?) I can share a disc image of the SD card which caused me 0 problems and solved all of the issues I had (restoring my kobo to perfection)

you need to be able to write the image directly to an SD card - which I think is easy to do for those who know what's what with Disc Utility on a Mac, for instance...
kyall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:53 AM   #26
zoran
himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyall View Post
if Kobo is fine with it (Sameer?) I can share a disc image of the SD card which caused me 0 problems and solved all of the issues I had (restoring my kobo to perfection)

you need to be able to write the image directly to an SD card - which I think is easy to do for those who know what's what with Disc Utility on a Mac, for instance...
Hurah!
Utility called "dd" makes exact copy. If true about ext3 as a file
system, linux would mount it as "mount -t ext3 dev dir".
I would like SameerH to md5 such an image.
Best regards all.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:33 AM   #27
JOCO_MKNZ
JOCO_MKNZ began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Ereader
I would ask for a card image as well. Formating an sd card to ext3 is pretty easy and being in new zealand I think Kobo just might find it a bit expensive to ship the sd card here.
JOCO_MKNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 03:52 AM   #28
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
No issues with that either. I have mint8 on my older notebook and a decommissioned Ubuntu9.04 PC that could be hooked up for the express job of making an SD card image available for upgrading the Kobo.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 01:58 PM   #29
zoran
himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
No issues with that either. I have mint8 on my older notebook and a decommissioned Ubuntu9.04 PC that could be hooked up for the express job of making an SD card image available for upgrading the Kobo.
All is ready except an image.
Old 11-23-2015, 03:33 PM   #30
Stulle
Stulle began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905 & N905C
Hello!

This is a pretty old thread. I just would like to ask if there is any chance to get an image file somehow meanwhile?
Thanks!!

Bye,
Michael
Stulle is offline   Reply With Quote