Notices

Old 11-25-2018, 07:50 AM   #1
Frenchguy
Enthusiast
Frenchguy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Saving current view

Hello,

Is it possible to save the current view and display of the windows checked in "view" menu ?

Whenever I start the editor, the display of these windows (size, position) is not kept as it was at the end of previous session.

Thanks
Frenchguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 08:04 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It is kept automatically, at least for docked windows. For undocked ones I have no idea, it depends on the OS.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2018, 11:47 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchguy View Post
Hello,

Is it possible to save the current view and display of the windows checked in "view" menu ?

Whenever I start the editor, the display of these windows (size, position) is not kept as it was at the end of previous session.

Thanks
Windows is flaky. I run undocked windows. If the window is on the either of the lower Monitors: fine. If it was on one of the upper ones: catch as catch can, Sometimes Yes, other time it drops down
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 01:23 PM   #4
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Oasis, Ubuntu, Jutoh,Kobo Forma
I use docked windows, and Ubuntu OS. A while ago I was experimenting with preferences settings, and I unchecked the one that reads "restore state of previously edited book when opening it again", in the main window section. I found that then it did not keep the position/size of my windows for some reason, so I checked it again. I don't know if this is what you are seeing, but give it a try.
retiredbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:07 PM   #5
Frenchguy
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
It is kept automatically, at least for docked windows. For undocked ones I have no idea, it depends on the OS.
My windows are always docked but the width is never saved when I quit the editor
Advert
Old 12-01-2018, 10:38 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

that would imply permissions issues on the config/cache directories that are preventing settings/application data from being saved.
Old 12-01-2018, 10:39 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

or you have turned it off in the editor preferences (under main window->restore state) or something like that.
Old 12-02-2018, 05:22 AM   #8
Frenchguy
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
or you have turned it off in the editor preferences (under main window->restore state) or something like that.
Quote:
Restore state of previously edited book when opening it again
is checked

and
Quote:
Allow dockable windows to be nested inside the docks areas
as well
Old 12-02-2018, 07:24 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

sorry i'm out of ideas in that case
Old 12-02-2018, 12:47 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I think the settings are stored in tweak_book_gui.json

But I would think, that having that ReadOnly would cause LOTS of other Editor issues.

Is the Calibre Configuration folder included in a Cloud replication?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 04:19 PM   #11
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I think the settings are stored in tweak_book_gui.json
↑ ↑ ↑ ✔️

@Frenchguy - what OS are you using?

Do you have multiple monitors ?

Try restoring the default settings for Preferences->Main Window settings via the Restore current defaults settings button.

If that doesn't do the trick;
  1. close the editor;
  2. rename that file to something like save_tweak_book_gui.json;
  3. start the editor, that will create a fresh tweak_book_gui.json;
  4. you will lose your customisations, but by opening the renamed file in a json-aware text editor you should be able to re-do them relatively easily.
BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-02-2018 at 05:15 PM. Reason: typo
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:33 AM   #12
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchguy View Post
My windows are always docked but the width is never saved when I quit the editor
Are you using it maximized? I've noticed (at least with older versions) that the normal (not maximized) layout is used, and changes made when maximized are not saved. I'm not sure if this is still true, but it's worth checking.
Phssthpok is offline   Reply With Quote