Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-04-2016, 01:47 PM   #31
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Version 2.0.6 - 04 May 2016
Some translation updates.

This plugin has (at least partial) translations for:
  • Bulgarian
  • Catalan
  • Chinese (China)
  • Dutch
  • Estonian
  • French
  • German
  • Greek
  • Italian
  • Malay
  • Norwegian Bokmål
  • Portuguese (Brazil)
  • Romanian
  • Spanish
  • Swedish
  • Turkish
  • Ukrainian
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 10:02 PM   #32
allowingtoo
Bibliophile
allowingtoo began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon
Smart Eject Customize! inlibrary:False

I had this plugin installed and I enjoyed using it UNTIL I formatted my computer and installed Calibre again. SmartEject (I just found out) was the problem every time I went to use it and eject my Paperwhite. It's been driving me crazy for WEEKS!

Every time I used SmartEject for my PaperWhite through Calibre it warned me that there were books on my PaperWhite that were not in the Calibre (documents) folder. Did I want to show them? Yes or No.

And then there was a SECOND option. Check for books Added Books (not on Device)

I tried EVERYTHING! Choosing to save all those books to my documents folder and add them to Calibre. Didn't work. I finally finally clicked on the Plug in and low and behold! I could choose to turn OFF Deleted books (not in library and Added books (not in device)

NOW I can eject my PaperWhite without having that warning pop up each and every time! My sanity is saved!

It's the little things that drive me crazy. I even tried to just save all my Paperwhite books to a folder on my desktop and reinstall them and that didn't work.

Smart Eject just kept throwing up the error "inlibrary:False"

I couldn't find that phrase anywhere on Google or in conjuration with the Calibre.

I finally found it under the preferences through Customize Plugin for SmartEject.

When ejecting a Device, Check for Deleted books (not in library)
Check for books Added Books (not on Device)

I unchecked both those options and my headache is GONE.

allowingtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2016, 11:08 PM   #33
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm sorry you were having troubles. I'm not sure what else to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post

Smart Eject just kept throwing up the error "inlibrary:False"
That's a search, not an error. And as you found, you can configure the searches used.

I use inlibrary:False and not title:"User's Guide" and not title:"My Clippings" and not (title:dictionary and author:unknown) for my 'Deleted books' search for SmartEject and I use a Kindle Voyage primarily.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:42 AM   #34
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Hi is it possible to add an option to check the state of a yes/no column before ejecting. I have 2 state column read that has a Yes/No. The default shows as NO but it has not been actually set in the calibre database so when exporting to calibre companion the state is sent as blank.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 11:37 AM   #35
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Hi is it possible to add an option to check the state of a yes/no column before ejecting. I have 2 state column read that has a Yes/No. The default shows as NO but it has not been actually set in the calibre database so when exporting to calibre companion the state is sent as blank.
If you can express it as a search. You can use any search you want in the SmartEject settings under Preferences->Plugins.

If you're asking how to do the search, #column:true and #column:false work for me on a yes/no column.
Advert
Old 03-13-2018, 11:52 AM   #36
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Version Posted

Version 2.1.0 - 13 Mar 2018
Some translation updates.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:55 PM   #37
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Version Released

Version 2.2.0 - 05 Jan 2019
- Update Translations
- Ignore SmartEject keyboard shortcut when no device connected.
Old 12-18-2019, 03:36 PM   #38
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2019-12-18

- Changes for Python3.

Also increases minimum supported Calibre version to v2.85.1.

FYI, Calibre on Python3 betas are now available.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 01-13-2020 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete test version
Old 12-18-2019, 03:40 PM   #39
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@JimmXinu - curious: why the last release of version 2, and not the first, i.e. what essential feature did version 2.85.1 have that wasn't in version 2.54?
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 03:51 PM   #40
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@JimmXinu - curious: why the last release of version 2, and not the first, i.e. what essential feature did version 2.85.1 have that wasn't in version 2.54?
Since I'm having to make changes for incoming Python3 Calibre, I'm looking to clean up some old code, like removing the PyQt4 stuff.

I'm prepared to keep a 'portable' version of v2 around for testing, but only one. And then I would turn it around and ask why v2.54 instead of the latest v2? v2.85.1 is from Jun 2017...

Otherwise, we might as well leave the min version set to v0.8 or whatever and just assume it works unless someone complains. And then we'd tell them to upgrade.

I was honestly going to bump it up to v3.48 until I realized that the last v3 was still earlier this year.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:50 PM   #41
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Version Released

Version 2.3.0 - 13 Jan 2020
- Update translations (from Transifex.com).
- Changes for Python3.
- Increase Calibre min to v2.85.1
Old 09-16-2020, 04:56 AM   #42
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
I wish this had support for multiple devices.

I'd like to have a search specific to a device so I can use Reading List to montor what use to be on a device and flag things that were deleted from the device after calibre added them...
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:18 AM   #43
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

While I agree that device specific searches would be nice, it's a lot of new complexity that I don't want to deal with in SmartEject.
Old 10-12-2020, 04:36 PM   #44
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I installed SmartEject for the reading-list sync (and having a giant eject button on the toolbar). However I noticed that it always reminds me that there's books to be synced even when there's not. When I press "yes" the device doesn't eject (perhaps it's waiting for the nonexistent sync job to finish?).

Here's my reading list setting:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-10-12 17_34_01-Customize Reading List.png
Views:	208
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	182648

Note that I use the KoboTouchExtended for kepub if that affects things.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-12-2020 at 04:44 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 04:52 PM   #45
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Which is your configuration for SmartEject? This is mine (in Spanish) and only complains when there are books only on device (this configuration is tricky: the search for duplicated books really searches books only on device):
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Smart1.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	182649   Click image for larger version

Name:	Smart2.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	182650  
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags