Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-05-2020, 04:35 AM   #1
Robmonster
Wizard!
Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Voyage + Oasis2
Books sent to Amazon show with my email as ther author

Hi there,

Not sure if this is a change in Calibre or in Amazon's personal documents system but lately I've noticed that any books I email into my Amazon account are showing with my email address in the Author field in the Manage Your Content And Devices webpage. Previously these showed the actual book author.

Is there a way I can revert this? I have tried updating t the latest Calibre version, and also updating the boks metadata but there is no change.

R
Robmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 04:40 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
This is Amazon's doing. The most you can do is complain to Kindle Customer Service.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2020, 11:04 AM   #3
Robmonster
Wizard!
Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok, thanks for the info. Have they announced this as a change anywhere, or do we think its a bug?
Old 11-05-2020, 11:07 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmonster View Post
Ok, thanks for the info. Have they announced this as a change anywhere, or do we think its a bug?
Isn't that a Q for the big A?
Contacting them is a way to voice your unhappiness.
I am willing to bet, this is just another brick in the garden wall. BUY ONLY FROM US
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 11:28 AM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Complain to Amazon and for now use the USB cable with Calibre. It will also charge the gadget. Except for some stranger Android things.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2020, 12:07 PM   #6
Robmonster
Wizard!

Sure, I'll ask them but thought you folks might already be in the know if this was an intentional change
Old 11-05-2020, 12:14 PM   #7
Robmonster
Wizard!

Is anyone else here able to confirm if they are seeing the same thing? Anyone willing to email themselves a book quickly to test it?
Old 11-05-2020, 12:42 PM   #8
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
It is unknown whether or not it is a bug or intentional. There have been multiple threads started about this issue:

Send to Kindle won't send author name from metadata

Sideloaded ebook has my email as author

When sending book by mail, mail leaves as author
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 01:15 PM   #9
Robmonster
Wizard!

Apologies for making a new post, my search skills must be weak. Thanks for your time
Old 11-05-2020, 01:17 PM   #10
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
My send to Kindle app uses My Name as author BUT once DL to my PW4 it puts the correct author in. Thankfully since my ebook collections Are By Author
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote