Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-11-2016, 02:59 PM   #286
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MewCore View Post
Would anybody be so kind and convert the English-Croatian stardict to kobo format?
I tried myself but keep running into problems, and I guess somebody who knows what he is doing could do this in under a minute.

Here is the stardict version http://download.huzheng.org/freedict...-2.4.2.tar.bz2

Thank you in advance!

I convert your dictionary, word count 58,415.

Spoiler:
00databaseinfo 00-database-info
This database was based on Dr. Goran Igaly's (igaly@math.hr)
2004-03-01 release. It now contains 123,658 entries.

The original database is supported by the Ministry of Science and
Technology in the Republic of Croatia. It is also freely available by
everyone at http://www.taktikanova.hr/eh/

This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA.
00databaseshort 00-database-short
English-Croatian Freedict Dictionary

00databaseurl 00-database-url
http://www.freedict.de

00databaseutf8 00-database-utf8
This dictionary is UTF-8 encoded. If you use dictd, make sure to start it with the appropriate --locale option.

Also I find you this dictionary http://www.babylon-software.com/free...ary/65962.html, word count 284,256.

Spoiler:
##title THE Eng-Cro Dictionary
##author Ivica Delic
##email ivica.delic@gmail.com
##description THE Eng-Cro Dictionary, You won't need any other dictionary.
##copyright Free for individual usage/Besplatan za osobnu uporabu
##sourceLang English
##targetLang Croatian
##bgl_defaultCharset cp1252
##bgl_sourceCharset cp1252
##bgl_targetCharset cp1250
##bgl_creationTime 2008/10/18, 22:55
##bgl_middleUpdated 2009/03/21, 13:02
##bgl_lastUpdated 2009/03/21, 13:02
##sourceCharset UTF-8
##targetCharset UTF-8
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml-en-cr1.zip (1.58 MB, 531 views)
File Type: zip dicthtml-en-cr2.zip (3.37 MB, 1270 views)
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 04:54 PM   #287
MewCore
MewCore began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
The one you found is even better and works great...I feel as if my Kobo is overclocked

Thank you very much!
MewCore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2016, 03:26 AM   #288
kobofan99
kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
I probably can fix it, do you mean when you have # in the index like "1#(...)"?
There's extraneous code like "link" and "noshow=1". For example "taxlink olea europaea species noshow=1" instead of "Olea europaea". There's extra "=" like in "from=India" or "from=Hebrew", etc. There's wikipedia URls that aren't needed.

Last edited by kobofan99; 08-14-2016 at 02:13 AM.
kobofan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 08:44 PM   #289
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobofan99 View Post
There's extraneous code like "link" and "noshow=1". For example "taxlink olea europaea species noshow=1" instead of "Olea europaea". There's extra "=" like in "from=India" or "from=Hebrew", etc. There's wikipedia URls that aren't needed.
Wiktionary English Dictionay
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml.zip (18.61 MB, 1223 views)
Old 08-20-2016, 02:55 PM   #290
helour
Enthusiast
helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Onyx M96, Kobo Glo HD
Small english-slovak dictionary (GNU/FDL license)

I want to introduce small english-slovak dictionary (GNU/FDL license, 13659 terms translated).
The original MASS dictionary (http://www.sk-spell.sk.cx/mass-msas) was converted to kobo format by stardict-tools & penelope.

The KoboRoot.tgz package contains autoinstall (you don't need to use any sql tool) english-slovak dictionary and slovak hyphenation.
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml-en-sk.zip (369.6 KB, 263 views)
File Type: zip KoboRoot.tgz.zip (617.9 KB, 265 views)
helour is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2016, 09:24 AM   #291
bentleymaniac
Enthusiast
bentleymaniac began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by helour View Post
I want to introduce small english-slovak dictionary (GNU/FDL license, 13659 terms translated).

The KoboRoot.tgz package contains autoinstall (you don't need to use any sql tool) english-slovak dictionary and slovak hyphenation.
Would you be able to explain how to create an installation version of the Latin-English and English-Latin dictionaries?
I tried replacing the dictionary inside your koboroot.tgz and modifying the install_dictionaries.sh but it didn't seem to work. Please reply to thebentleymaniac35@gmail.com, as I might not be able to find this thread again.
EDIT: I managed to install the dictionaries, and they are visible in the languages settings tab, but I am unable to select them (or yours) in the actual dictionary.

Last edited by bentleymaniac; 08-26-2016 at 09:36 AM.
bentleymaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 09:49 AM   #292
oren64
I need a chapter break

You have Latin-English dictionary in post #1, how to add a dictionary.
Old 08-26-2016, 06:38 PM   #293
bentleymaniac
Enthusiast
bentleymaniac began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Quote:
You have Latin-English dictionary in post #1, how to add a dictionary.
I know how to add a dictionary by replacing one of the original dictionaries with a different one, but that only lasts until the next sync/update. Also, I want to be able to add more languages and have them labeled the language that they actually are. I don't see the point in looking up a Latin word in a german (sic) dictionary.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_002.png
Views:	387
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	151195

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_003.png
Views:	369
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	151196

Last edited by bentleymaniac; 08-26-2016 at 06:43 PM.
bentleymaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 10:42 PM   #294
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentleymaniac View Post
I know how to add a dictionary by replacing one of the original dictionaries with a different one, but that only lasts until the next sync/update. Also, I want to be able to add more languages and have them labeled the language that they actually are. I don't see the point in looking up a Latin word in a german (sic) dictionary.
Do a search on "ExtraLocales". This is an option that can be added to the config file for defining extra interface languages. From memory, it also helps with the dictionaries.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 02:26 PM   #295
satelman
satelman can extract oil from cheesesatelman can extract oil from cheesesatelman can extract oil from cheesesatelman can extract oil from cheesesatelman can extract oil from cheesesatelman can extract oil from cheesesatelman can extract oil from cheesesatelman can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPe View Post
Next time, please use the GitHub issue tracker (https://github.com/pettarin/penelope/issues) to report problems with Penelope. I do not stop by here so often, while I get an email if an issue is filed there, and in theory this thread was not about conversion problems with Penelope.

Anyway, tropoy contacted me via email, and I converted his own files just fine with Penelope v3.1.2 on my machine, and he confirmed they work.

Assuming the problem is not with the dictionary installation procedure, but actually with the output files, I guess there is a problem with your shell/Python environment. It could be any of the following:

- shell encoding must be UTF-8
- a Windows-specific issue
- bug in the MARISA Python module on your environment
- bug in Penelope that does not occur on my environment

In general, if you want to check that the input file is read correctly, you can try outputting to CSV and inspect the resulting file. If it looks ok, then the problem is in the output part. If not, then the problem is with the reading part, most likely the shell encoding and/or the input files.

Anyway, if Penelope v2.x works for you, keep using it, you do not miss much.
Hi, everyone!

I can confirm surquizu's and tropoy's issues trying to install a Kobo dictionary converted with penelope 3.1.2. I had this very same problem (I use Python 2.7 + Windows 10). There was no way for my Aura HD to recognize or accept my new Kobo dictionary.

However, when I converted again by using penelope 2.0.2 this time, everything went OK and the ereader accepted my just converted dictionary.

So, apparently, I will have to stick to version 2.0.2 (for the time being, at least).
satelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 11:24 AM   #296
frenshprince
Connoisseur
frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW3, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo HD
Hi there,

I bought an expensive french dictionnary for kindle, and I would like to convert it for my kobo.
Unfortunately, I don't understand anything about Python (I tried), and can not post the mobi here since it's not free to share.

Is there step by step tutorial anywhere I can follow to do that ?

Thanks
frenshprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 11:55 AM   #297
oren64
I need a chapter break

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenshprince View Post
Hi there,

I bought an expensive french dictionnary for kindle, and I would like to convert it for my kobo.
Unfortunately, I don't understand anything about Python (I tried), and can not post the mobi here since it's not free to share.

Is there step by step tutorial anywhere I can follow to do that ?

Thanks
Do you have the dictionary in text or other format?

I know there's a way convert text file dictionary to mobi for for kindle, but i don't know of way to convert mobi to text.
Old 09-03-2016, 11:59 AM   #298
frenshprince
Connoisseur
frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frenshprince knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Do you have the dictionary in text or other format?

I know there's a way convert text file dictionary to mobi for for kindle, but i don't know of way to convert mobi to text.
Hi Oren,

I only have the mobi file from Amazon, that I want to convert to dicthtml.zip.
Îm sure it's not that difficult to do, but I don't speak Python
Old 09-03-2016, 12:24 PM   #299
oren64
I need a chapter break

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenshprince View Post
Hi Oren,

I only have the mobi file from Amazon, that I want to convert to dicthtml.zip.
Îm sure it's not that difficult to do, but I don't speak Python
If you have the dictionary in text, stardict, BGL file i can convert it to dicthtml, but i don't know of a way to convert mobi to dicthtml.

Maybe you should ask in kindle forum if thay know how to convert the mobi dictionay to text file, and i can help you convert it to dicthtml.

Last edited by oren64; 09-03-2016 at 06:05 PM.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:34 AM   #300
frenshprince
Connoisseur

Thanks Oren

I tried to find something relative to dictionnary in Kindle forum, but I guess there is no need over there to convert a mobi to a textfile

It seems that Penelope can convert a mobi dict to a Kobo dict easily, but if you don't get how Python works, there is no way to do it yourself.

Tags
kobo dictionaries