Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-22-2021, 12:13 PM   #1
abrogard
Zealot
abrogard began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I Seem to have two accounts ???

I had a disk crash and had to rebuild my pc.

So installed Kindle for pc again and configured the account I guess.

Now I find I have a kindle account with two books in it.

And an amazon account with a couple of hundred.

And I don't seem to be able to change the Kindle one.

when I look on amazon for help I find that page about devices and I seem to have about 10 'devices' (I've actually got none... only maybe three pc's with kindle for pc on them).

I'd like to know what I should do/could do to rationalise my whole setup.

Get my Kindle books in one place and hopefully protect them from loss.

I'm so unaware. How is it with Kindle? I've bought these books but I can only view them with Kindle, is that it?
abrogard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 01:13 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
You should sign in to Kindle for PC using the same Amazon account that you used to purchase your books.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2021, 06:05 PM   #3
abrogard
Zealot
abrogard began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I couldn't see how to sign out and sign in different. That was the problem. So I downloaded another version of kindle and logged into that and all went well. I have 292 books, it seems.
I one by one downloaded them all except for 20 which are registered to too many devices.
So I managed to find the devices page and I deregistered some from five years ago.
No I can't find that black page again which lists all your books and from which you can download them.
Sorry to be so inept. Could you tell me where it is?
I find it very confusing the way it jumps from Kindle to Amazon and account to account..

hmmm... I think I'm looking for a kindle page aren't I? On amazon screens. And won't find it. I think it drops to Amazon sometimes from Kindle, when you do certain things, and then you can't get back. Would that be right?

aaahhh.... delete all mention.... I just found the 'black' kindle page still open behind my browser entirely.....

thanks for your help. i might be okay now....

p.s. except deregistering devices doesn't seem to have worked. Perhaps it needs time to go through the system? Or I should shut down and restart the Kindle? There seems to no place within it where I can trouble shoot this 'too many devices' thing for a particular book.

Last edited by abrogard; 04-22-2021 at 06:21 PM.
abrogard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 06:19 PM   #4
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Your "Kindle" account IS your Amazon account. Any device or Kindle app you use must be registered to the Amazon account that was used to purchase the books.

The Content & Devices page on Amazon is found by selecting Account & Lists at the top of every Amazon page, then select Content & Devices.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote