Notices

Old 04-11-2021, 11:45 AM   #1
Quizibo
Quizibo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire 7
Error Communicating with Device

Calibre v. 5.14

Device: Kindle Fire 7

I have been getting the same message for the past few Calibre versions, the message is "Error communicating with device".

My OS can detect the Kindle when I plug it in with USB and Calibre can detect the device when plugged it.

Calibre can 100% get device information and set library information

Calibre gets an error getting list of books off device.

The Error code I am getting is:

calibre, version 5.14.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Cannot write to file: hr=2147500037 facility=0 error_code=16389 description: Unspecified error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 89, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 515, in _books
File "calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 220, in books
File "calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 192, in get_driveinfo
File "calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 182, in _update_drive_info
File "calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 153, in put_calibre_file
File "calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 36, in check_thread
File "calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 445, in put_file
wpd.WPDError: Cannot write to file: hr=2147500037 facility=0 error_code=16389 description: Unspecified error

This hasnt happen before until a few months ago so I am not sure what to do or how to fix it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	206
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	186542   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	218
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	186543  
Quizibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 10:54 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That is an error communicating with the device. Usually, this kind of error can be fixed by
following the steps below in sequence. First:

1) Try rebooting both the device and your computer
2) If that does not work, find the files driveinfo.calibre and metadata.calibre on the device
and delete them (you can use Windows Explorer or a file manager on the device itself to do this)
3) Reset the device

If none of those work, you can use one of the wireless communication methods described here:
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...kindle-fire-hd '''),
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2022, 05:22 PM   #3
SteveG23
SteveG23 began at the beginning.

Device: iPaq - MS Reader
I also am getting "error communicating with device." I have been using Calibre (x64 on Windows 10) for years and this Android phone with it for at least a year and it just started happening. I have tried rebooting both devices and deleting the two files and restarting. Windows has no problem accessing files on the phone. My specific error codes are:
C:\r\src\src\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\content_e numeration.cpp:336:Failed to EnumObjects() of folder from device:[hr=0x80042009 wCode=7689] IDispatch error #7689: o6FC

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 512, in _books
File "calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 220, in books
File "calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 192, in get_driveinfo
File "calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 272, in filesystem_cache
wpd.WPDError: C:\r\src\src\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\content_e numeration.cpp:336:Failed to EnumObjects() of folder from device:[hr=0x80042009 wCode=7689] IDispatch error #7689: o6FC

Any other suggestions?
SteveG23 is offline   Reply With Quote