Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 02-11-2021, 02:33 PM   #16
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I give 1 vote each to:

- Wind, Sand and Stars
- Sourdough
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 07:28 PM   #17
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Whew, I almost missed the deadline. Those were the same two I was mostly debating between because they seemed a little more accessible. I would've been happy reading either of the other two as well but since I've already read a Tokarczuk now I'll leave it off my run-off vote. I'm a little torn because I feel like the Sloan could be slightly more accessible than the de Saint-Exupéry, but in the end I think I'd really enjoy the latter, it is the shortest and we haven't had a nonfiction selection since 2019, so I'll vote:

-2 to Wind, Sand and Stars
-1 to The Fifth Season
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2021, 09:08 PM   #18
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Run-off voting is complete and the winner is Wind, Sand and Stars! The discussion thread will be up soon.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 09:18 PM   #19
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
Whew, I almost missed the deadline. Those were the same two I was mostly debating between because they seemed a little more accessible. I would've been happy reading either of the other two as well but since I've already read a Tokarczuk now I'll leave it off my run-off vote. I'm a little torn because I feel like the Sloan could be slightly more accessible than the de Saint-Exupéry, but in the end I think I'd really enjoy the latter, it is the shortest and we haven't had a nonfiction selection since 2019, so I'll vote:

-2 to Wind, Sand and Stars
-1 to The Fifth Season
I'm looking forward to this book.

I read Sloan's last book and enjoyed it. I would like to read Tokarczuk someday.

I didn't vote for The Fifth Season because it seems a little darker than I was in the mood for this month, and I wasn't sure I wanted to start another series right now. However, one of my friends who is not really into SF or fantasy really raved about how good it was. So, I might consider reading it in the future.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 05:10 AM   #20
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
I was at a loss to nominate in this category as I didn't want to nominate a fantasy book. But yesterday I bought 'The Man Who Fell to Earth'. (It was a 1.99 amazon deal of the day yesterday.) That would have been a worthy nominee.

Last edited by drofgnal; 02-12-2021 at 05:20 AM.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert