Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-26-2021, 04:40 AM   #16
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Thats very strange, I was guessing that the other books are left in memory but with your settings, there should have been a reboot inbetween.
Next try:
1) Is there something unusual with the filenames/folders you are using?
2) How many books are stored on the device?
3) Sometimes the device gets stuck while adding a specific book into the library. Sadly there is no message coming up if this is happening. Odd behaviour like that you are describing could be the result. Only way to find the culprit is to add the books in carefully aranged batches and see if and when the error is happening again.

Last edited by nhedgehog; 04-26-2021 at 04:42 AM.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 06:45 AM   #17
wold
Zealot
wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Lux 5, Libra 2, PRS-T2N
Quote:

Played a bit with the settings yesterday. If I switch to wider line spacing (middle option), it worked for a book that previously had issues. Tried a another thicker book and scrolled through to the end. Issue appeared only at second to last page. Changed to least margins setting, and it worked until the end. This was one of the standard epubs that come pre-installed (Oliver twist).

The logic is beyond me, something to do with how it displays the pages/loads them into memory/???
Not my ideal settings now, but at least I have options to properly finish my books. Still, it should work if given these options, certainly for an e-reader in this price range.
Quote:
Maybe my approach of squeezing as much text on a page (fontsize 7, smallest line spacing etc.) is pushing the limits of the reader app though it shouldn't of course.
Thanks for that suggestion!
Seems you're indeed pushing the limits. The firmware is likely C/C++, which requires close attention to memory allocations, amongst others. The HD resolution, font size 7, and other factors (ebook contents), could load too much data, causing a buffer overflow or some similar issue. Do please report it, so they can fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
3) Sometimes the device gets stuck while adding a specific book into the library. Sadly there is no message coming up if this is happening. Odd behaviour like that you are describing could be the result. Only way to find the culprit is to add the books in carefully aranged batches and see if and when the error is happening again.
This could work to identify that file, and would simplify the process:
1. Get sqlitebrowser https://sqlitebrowser.org/
2. Copy books.db from PB to your PC
3. In "browse data" tab, open the "files" table, and scroll to the bottom.
The last added filename should be listed there. It, or those missing, may cause the issue. You may also inspect the 'Books' table.

PB's also dislike ampersands (&) in the author field.
wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2021, 04:55 AM   #18
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Solved?
Feedback is expected to give other users the ability to find this solution.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 04:48 AM   #19
ChrisvB
ChrisvB began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook touch Hd3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
Solved?
Feedback is expected to give other users the ability to find this solution.
I needed to finish a book or rather a few books to conclude for sure, just finished one yesterday. So far with the changed settings it hasn't reappeared. I will inform pocketbook accordingly, hopefully this is something to be fixed in future updates.

Thanks for the support!!
ChrisvB is offline   Reply With Quote