Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-17-2021, 11:44 AM   #1
FireAvocado
FireAvocado began at the beginning.

Device: None
Suggest me a book that is similar to Victor the Assassin

I am looking for a Thriller/Action/Espionage/ book that is similar to Victor the Assassin.

Specifically, what I am looking for is an independent character who isn't bound to any government, country or agency. They should be like Victor. An antihero? I won't really call Victor and antihero but he acts in a way where he put himself first and therefore commits some - well - evil(?) maybe morally incorrect things.

Otherwise I would be also interested in a book like Bourne: a character that is "hunted down" by an agency.

Preferably, the books should be set in modern day.

Thanks!
FireAvocado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 09:56 PM   #2
John K
Reader
John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, Kobo Forma
Barry Eisler's John Rain series.

"Eisler's hero, a half Japanese/half American assassin named John Rain, is one of the most compelling series characters in recent fiction. Moral but heartless, a man with a terrible past and no certain future, Rain wrestles with two cultures and personal demons in a first-person, noir-on-steroids narrative."

Gregg Hurwitz's Orphan X series.

"Evan Smoak is a man with skills, resources, and a personal mission to help those with nowhere else to turn. Chosen as a child, he was raised and trained as part of the off-the-books black box Orphan program, designed to create the perfect deniable intelligence assets—i.e. assassins. He was Orphan X. Evan broke with the program, using everything he learned to disappear."

Ghostman by Roger Hobbs

Otherwise I would be also interested in a book like Bourne: a character that is "hunted down" by an agency.

Mark Greaney's Gray Man series.
John K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 12:14 PM   #3
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
The Jonathan Quinn series by Brett Battles
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote