Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-29-2016, 12:02 PM   #1
thinredline
Connoisseur
thinredline doesn't litterthinredline doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Pocket Edge, Nookd Simple Touch Glowlight, NGP
Proven Method to Run Koreader on NGP

KOReader is a document viewer for eink devices. The formats it supports include PDF, DjVu, XPS, CBZ, FB2, PDB, TXT, HTML, RTF, CHM, EPUB, DOC, MOBI, and ZIP files.

To me, it's THE best PDF reader on NGP (because it reflows scanned PDF files).

Here the method to install it on NGP which I have personally tested:

1. First of all, you need to root NGP and put a folder called "koreader" under root.
2. Extract attached "patch.lua" file under "koreader" folder.
3. Install this stable version of Koreader.
https://github.com/koreader/koreader....11-stable.apk
4. Restart NGP (you may need to restart more than once if it shows black screen).

You can also change fonts of Koreader here:
data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/fonts/
Attached Files
File Type: zip patch.zip (384 Bytes, 582 views)

Last edited by thinredline; 02-29-2016 at 12:06 PM.
thinredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 09:04 AM   #2
David0226
David0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watch

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nook Glowlight Plus, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinredline View Post
KOReader is a document viewer for eink devices. The formats it supports include PDF, DjVu, XPS, CBZ, FB2, PDB, TXT, HTML, RTF, CHM, EPUB, DOC, MOBI, and ZIP files.

To me, it's THE best PDF reader on NGP (because it reflows scanned PDF files).

Here the method to install it on NGP which I have personally tested:

1. First of all, you need to root NGP and put a folder called "koreader" under root.
2. Extract attached "patch.lua" file under "koreader" folder.
3. Install this stable version of Koreader.
https://github.com/koreader/koreader....11-stable.apk
4. Restart NGP (you may need to restart more than once if it shows black screen).

You can also change fonts of Koreader here:
data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/fonts/
I tried these instructions, but koreader keeps crashing. Can you clarify what you mean by "under root"? I tried creating the directory under "/" and under "/root", but it gets removed on reboot.
David0226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2016, 09:52 PM   #3
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3G, KDXG, AuraHD
@thinredline, thanks for your work. Do you mind sending those patches to upstream github repo? We would like to merge this into our master branch.
dave2008 is offline   Reply With Quote