Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-07-2017, 07:20 AM   #646
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
Looks like the book position percentage comes in six characters:

- two-place full number
- comma
- two digits after comma
- percentage mark

This is way too much information and waste of space.

Is it possible to turn off the decimals?
Waste of space? What would you want to use that space for?

I'd prefer to keep the decimals, but tastes may differ of course.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 08:35 AM   #647
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post
Waste of space? What would you want to use that space for?
To see the book title better spelled out of course. Right now it''s a bit too truncated. Well, I guess I can survive with the position percentage turned off completely.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2017, 02:38 PM   #648
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
Glad to hear it worked.
Yes Pocketbook is saving the selected viewer per book.
There is a collection of script which handles resetting this quit nice on the device.
Releases are published here. Support thread is here, if you know Russian.
I got the script to work, even though it's convoluted to use it. After installation, Openwith essentially copies data from extensions.cfg (Coolreader must be already installed and mentioned in that file), creates two menu items in Personal Settings, and in one of the menu items permits changing the apps to open specific file types.

The other new menu item under Personal Settings is "Theme" and I don't see why that would be relevant to anything. I don't see any effect when I change stuff there.

Looks like the most important thing that the script does is that it permits purging the file handlers.cfg. But I think that once the user knows about that file, the script is really superfluous.
Old 09-08-2017, 04:36 AM   #649
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Quote:
To see the book title better spelled out of course. Right now it''s a bit too truncated. Well, I guess I can survive with the position percentage turned off completely.
Good point. But you know you can reduce the font size for the status bar? I've set it to 18 (bold), which is still quite readable for me, and as a result a title must be quite long before it is truncated. Even though I've set all status bar elements to On.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 06:33 AM   #650
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Ups an answer ...

Quote:

The other new menu item under Personal Settings is "Theme" and I don't see why that would be relevant to anything. I don't see any effect when I change stuff there.

Looks like the most important thing that the script does is that it permits purging the file handlers.cfg. But I think that once the user knows about that file, the script is really superfluous.
"Theme" is only working with older firmware devices. Superfluous? Not if things are to be done on the device itself, which is for me quite often the case.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2017, 07:30 AM   #651
mobama
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
Superfluous? Not if things are to be done on the device itself, which is for me quite often the case.
I have Vlasovsoft's bundle installed on my Pocketbook Inkpad 2. It contains a notepad (text editor) with which to look up and change any textfile in the system. Emptying handlers.cfg seems to do the trick of permitting Coolreader to open epubs.

I'm not saying that the Russian script is a bad idea. Just that there are other tools out there that can achieve the same thing. I am keeping the script on my device too.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:04 AM   #652
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
v0.0.6-17-61.2:
Quote:
- Updated translations
- Updated FreeType to v2.8.1
brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 03:56 PM   #653
ploum
Zealot
ploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3 + koreader
I have a Touch HD here and I don't understand how to install CoolReader.

Connecting the device with USB doesn't allow me to see /system/.

EDIT :*the /system was hidden. I installed CoolReader. I'm now wondering if it's possible to get back to the default reader as it was not clear for me that the default reader would be replaced.

Also, can I post request about CR in this thread ?

Last edited by ploum; 09-30-2017 at 05:46 PM.
ploum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 07:51 AM   #654
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ploum View Post
I'm now wondering if it's possible to get back to the default reader as it was not clear for me that the default reader would be replaced.
If you look at the files in System, you should see a file called extensions.cfg. You can edit that file so that you can select which is your default reader and which others you may wish to use e.g.

cr3-pb.app,koreader.app,eink-reader.app -

this would make my default CoolReader, but also give me options for KoReader (if installed) and the factory installed.

When selecting a book in the library, a long-hold will give you the choice of which reader to open with. A short hold opens with the default.

(I have assumed you are running the latest firmware - 5.16)
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 01:17 PM   #655
ploum
Zealot
ploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by church mouse View Post
If you look at the files in System, you should see a file called extensions.cfg. You can edit that file so that you can select which is your default reader and which others you may wish to use e.g.

cr3-pb.app,koreader.app,eink-reader.app -

this would make my default CoolReader, but also give me options for KoReader (if installed) and the factory installed.

When selecting a book in the library, a long-hold will give you the choice of which reader to open with. A short hold opens with the default.

(I have assumed you are running the latest firmware - 5.16)
Thanks a lot. So eink-reader.app is the default installed reader, right. Where can I*find KoReader and FBReader for PB? I want to try to see the one I*prefer.
Old 10-01-2017, 03:13 PM   #656
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks a lot. So eink-reader.app is the default installed reader, right. Where can I*find KoReader and FBReader for PB? I want to try to see the one I*prefer.
You can find much about Koreader on this forum link:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=254659

However, I have not found Koreader to be at all stable on PB firmware 5.16.

eink-reader is what the PB firmware calls the FB reader that come in-built.

My experience has been that the CoolReader fork for Pocketbook is the best of the reader options for Epub. Mind you, Koreader (if you can get it stable), does a good job on pdfs.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:51 AM   #657
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
v0.0.6-17-61.3:
Quote:
- Updated Polish
brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:37 PM   #658
ploum
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by church mouse View Post
You can find much about Koreader on this forum link:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=254659

However, I have not found Koreader to be at all stable on PB firmware 5.16.

eink-reader is what the PB firmware calls the FB reader that come in-built.

My experience has been that the CoolReader fork for Pocketbook is the best of the reader options for Epub. Mind you, Koreader (if you can get it stable), does a good job on pdfs.
What is strange is that as soon as I modify extensions.cfg, every entry of the menu open the default ereader. Can't open a book with CR3 anymore :-(
Old 10-06-2017, 03:19 PM   #659
church mouse
Evangelist

Quote:
What is strange is that as soon as I modify extensions.cfg, every entry of the menu open the default ereader. Can't open a book with CR3 anymore :-(
Go to your library, long hold on a book you have not opened before and see if you get the option to select which reader app with which to open.

If not working, then try a reboot.

I have not seen any other reports of the long hold option not working on the latest firmware.
Old 10-28-2017, 05:39 PM   #660
Makc02
Makc02 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 840
Thank you very much for your work. Very convenient program. If possible, in the next update, you can not make some corrections for pocketbook 840:
1. When disconnected, does not save the backlight level when it is turned on again.
2. Move page numbers to the middle.https://ibb.co/iYUjgR
3. Cover the whole screen.https://ibb.co/ezsLMR
Makc02 is offline   Reply With Quote