Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-21-2012, 09:32 AM   #1
hollard
hollard has a spectacular aura abouthollard has a spectacular aura abouthollard has a spectacular aura abouthollard has a spectacular aura abouthollard has a spectacular aura abouthollard has a spectacular aura abouthollard has a spectacular aura abouthollard has a spectacular aura abouthollard has a spectacular aura abouthollard has a spectacular aura abouthollard has a spectacular aura about

Device: kindle 3
Kindle frosen. again and again

Hi everyone. I apologise if this thread was existing, I did search, but I am not sure if other people had the exact same problem.
First kindle 3(keyboard, 3g) I had, was damaged unintentionally by me. So Amazon sent me a new one. It was held for a time at a friend of mine who lives in London. (I live in Zagreb, Croatia) so he brouhgt it to me 12 days ago. Than the problem started... it frose more and more often. I did those 20 sec resets. That did not solve the problem. Next, I reset it to factory defaults, but the freezing occured again. Now it only wakes after half an hour (or more) charge on AC adapter. And stays awake short. A friend of mine recomended this site/forum and suggested for a complete new software installation. I am quite begginer in all that kindle knowledge, so help would be most welcome. All options as well.

passionate reader.

Thank you all!
hollard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:40 AM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Sounds like it could be a dead battery. Try charging it on a wall charger for 20 hours.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2012, 06:57 AM   #3
hollard
hollard has a spectacular aura abouthollard has a spectacular aura abouthollard has a spectacular aura abouthollard has a spectacular aura abouthollard has a spectacular aura abouthollard has a spectacular aura abouthollard has a spectacular aura abouthollard has a spectacular aura abouthollard has a spectacular aura abouthollard has a spectacular aura abouthollard has a spectacular aura about

Thank you very much. I have tried that. It has been charging for 16 hours now. And it only shows yellow light for an hour or more as iti is charging and than the light goes off and never gets green. it is still pluged and i'mwaiting for a miracle. Overall, you gave me hope. somehow i belive it is the battery. the next step might be changing it.
thank you again, for any further help on this!
Old 09-23-2012, 04:44 AM   #4
hollard

further help, anyone? please.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:28 AM   #5
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
so do you have SSH... I think I karma'd you this answer last night.
(basically have a look in your User CP. on MR to find that info I sent you, it was late, I was tired)

if you CAN manage to get in via SSH: note the gas-gaugeinfo stuff and see if the battery can no longer maintain charge.

There are definately threads about this because I remember answering them
(with info about my k3's 'usual' gas-gaugeinfo output IIRC)

So: try to get it if you can (SSH?), find stuff out(gas-gauge?), get back to us with more info : )

Last edited by twobob; 09-23-2012 at 08:50 AM. Reason: make it obvious and polite
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2012, 08:50 AM   #6
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

and this: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=189873
Old 09-23-2012, 09:03 AM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Or at least this post of that thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=15
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:08 AM   #8
twobob

Exactly. thanks knc!
Old 09-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #9
hollard

Hi everyone, I just got report from a friend of mine who's an old school expert in electronics. My kindle's battery is in perfect condition. Friend says that for sure it is not a software problam as well (otherwise manifest of the problem would be different) He belives that at some hardware's point some contact is lost. he is about to do another overnight research and come with the news tomorrow. any comment is welcome. thank you.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:43 AM   #10
twobob

sounds likely as not. part fail is not uncommon in tiny devices. back to the shop then.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:26 AM   #11
hollard

yeah but they do not want to give me a new one. cause warranty runs from first device bougt one year and two months ago. so they are offering me a new one at discount price of 30-40 pounds. something like that. even if I would go for that (against common sense principle) I'd have difficulties again with shipment because they do not send nothing outside UK. grrrh
Old 09-27-2012, 07:59 AM   #12
twobob

ah. I feel your pain. Getting done for two sets of import taxes hurts.