Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-21-2014, 08:58 PM   #811
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Nate's original announcement of the beta -- fixed link: http://the-digital-reader.com/2014/0...ta-adobe-de-4/

Last edited by eschwartz; 09-21-2014 at 09:08 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:08 PM   #812
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Man ... 3.0 really backfired hard, didn't it?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 11:18 PM   #813
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
It was already clear in February that this would come. They said so in that notorious webinar, but nobody was interested at the time when I mentioned it...
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 11:56 PM   #814
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Having nothing better to do this weekend, I downloaded and installed ADE 4.0 to do some testing with epub3 documents. It's getting there but not quite ready for prime time. Some of the regular and fixed layout documents came out looking very strange. Sadly , no content servers available to let me test the new DRM -- I was curious as to whether the stickiness would copy from a virtual machine to a physical machine.

BTW, I still have ADE 2 on the physical machine. ADE 4.0 was installed under Windows 8.1 x64 and OSX Mavericks 10.9.5 running in virtual machines.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 12:11 PM   #815
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Having nothing better to do this weekend, I downloaded and installed ADE 4.0 to do some testing with epub3 documents. It's getting there but not quite ready for prime time. Some of the regular and fixed layout documents came out looking very strange. Sadly , no content servers available to let me test the new DRM -- I was curious as to whether the stickiness would copy from a virtual machine to a physical machine.

BTW, I still have ADE 2 on the physical machine. ADE 4.0 was installed under Windows 8.1 x64 and OSX Mavericks 10.9.5 running in virtual machines.
The important stuff is stored on servers under their control. Hopefully, you didn't acquire any permanent changes in your data on those.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 02:58 PM   #816
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
For people who are still on ADE 1.7 in WINE under Linux: it seems that it has been possible for some time to get ADE 2.0.1 running now.

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManag...sion&iId=27978

This will allow you to use a newer version of ADE, should Adobe cancel support for 1.7, while still not running 3.0 or 4.0 (which I will never, ever do until the DRM scheme is cracked).
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 04:58 PM   #817
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
For people who are still on ADE 1.7 in WINE under Linux: it seems that it has been possible for some time to get ADE 2.0.1 running now.

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManag...sion&iId=27978

This will allow you to use a newer version of ADE, should Adobe cancel support for 1.7, while still not running 3.0 or 4.0 (which I will never, ever do until the DRM scheme is cracked).
Not necessarily. When I first installed it, it ran just fine. The second time, it crashed immediately and refused ever since to run. Tried reinstalling WINE, reinstalling ADE2.0.1 to a new wineprefix, etc. Nothing.

It may work and it may not, which is better than a previous state where it definitely didn't. But it and the prerequisites (I am looking at you, .NET) are not fully or reliably functional.

ADE1.7 installs and runs seamlessly for now, and hopefully will continue to do so until .NET3.5 SP1 works well.
Code:
winetricks adobe_diged
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 03:30 AM   #818
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: In use: Pocketbook InkPad 3, Kobo Glo, iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
This applies to me, too. Just installed 2.0.1 on a new laptop, and I'm happy that way. If a vendor starts requiring 3 or 4, I'll stop buying from them.
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote