Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-18-2016, 07:14 PM   #121
jackie_w
Wizard
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo AuraHD/Aura6"/H2O/GloHD/KA1/ClaraHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by marinai View Post
i've used this plug-in for years and it worked well till about 2 weeks ago, when i there seemed to have been and update to the plug in. After I installed, I started getting errors: ERROR:Unhandled exception (name of the window).
AttributeError:type object 'Image' has no attribute 'img'

i have a screenshot.

This happens with Kindle 3 (keyboard).

i've removed and re-added the plugin with same results.
The plugin hasn't changed but calibre's standard image handling has recently changed.

It wouldn't have surprised me if you'd said that you now had a problem using the plugin with your Pocketbook because I believe the creation of BMP format images is no longer supported by calibre. However, if the problem is with a Kindle then that obviously isn't the problem.

You will need to supply more detailed info because I don't have a Kindle to troubleshoot the problem myself.
jackie_w is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 07:30 PM   #122
jackie_w
Wizard
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@marinai,

In addition to a screenshot showing the error details, please will you also post a screenshot of your Copy Cover Config screen.
Advert
Old 06-19-2016, 12:04 PM   #123
jackie_w
Wizard

@marinai,

Don't bother with the screenshots, I know what the problem is.

I've been in touch with Kovid. The fix will be in the next release of calibre v2.60 which will probably be a couple of weeks from now. No need to do anything with the current version of Copy Cover plugin. It should work OK after the 2.60 release. If you're 'running calibre from source' the fix is available immediately.

If any other Kindle users are reading this ... as far as I can tell, the only Kindle models affected are those older than the Kindle Touch which are using NiLuJe's Custom Screensaver hack.
Old 06-19-2016, 10:44 PM   #124
marinai
marinai began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook ultra 650
sorry i didn't respond right away. I, somehow, didn't get the notice of your reply. Glad you figured out the solution.

Thanks.

Marina
marinai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plugin, pocketbook, sony