Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 05-05-2018, 07:06 AM   #1
Wrongway
Enthusiast
Wrongway began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 1, Kindle kb, Kobo Aura HD, kobo Mini
Marvin and Calibre Companion

I have installed both Marvin and CC on an iPad with the latest iOS. CC is syncing with Calibre on my Macbook and transferring books fine. It's the link from CC to Marvin that I cannot get. If I select a book in CC and choose read then I get the various options to send to. Dropbox, Kindle, etc but no Marvin listed. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?
Wrongway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 02:42 PM   #2
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrongway View Post
I have installed both Marvin and CC on an iPad with the latest iOS. CC is syncing with Calibre on my Macbook and transferring books fine. It's the link from CC to Marvin that I cannot get. If I select a book in CC and choose read then I get the various options to send to. Dropbox, Kindle, etc but no Marvin listed. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?
What format are the books? If you see Kindle and don't see Marvin or iBook, that implies to me that they aren't epub, but rather mobi or some Amazon format.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2018, 03:07 PM   #3
Wrongway
Enthusiast
Wrongway began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 1, Kindle kb, Kobo Aura HD, kobo Mini
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
What format are the books? If you see Kindle and don't see Marvin or iBook, that implies to me that they aren't epub, but rather mobi or some Amazon format.
Doh, spot on! I had re-installed Calibre on a new Macbook along with a plugin that was converting to mobi. I had only tried with a few titles and thought it must have been a Marvin fault.
Wrongway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:20 AM   #4
pidgey
pidgey began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
you can also load ebooks in Marvin directly from a calibre server.
pidgey is offline   Reply With Quote