Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-27-2017, 04:09 PM   #1
kaylix
kaylix began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Browsing Calibre Server v3.11.1 with iOS 9.3.5

I have always used Safari on my iPad 3 to browse content on my Calibre server. But a recent update to Calibre is causing a crash on my device (see attached). I have also tried different browsers and get the exact same errors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cab1.JPG
Views:	349
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	160261   Click image for larger version

Name:	cab2.JPG
Views:	334
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	160262  
kaylix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:46 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/ser...rowser-support
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2017, 03:44 PM   #3
kaylix
kaylix began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Thank you so much for the information!!
But my older iPad cannot be upgraded, that is why I turned it into my full time ereader.
Is there any chance support for older devices will be re-added?
BTW, I LOVE the new server
kaylix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 10:45 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, I'm afraid not. You can use the mobile view, but all the new server features, need a new enough browser to work.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:55 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Another option would be to use Calibre Companion, rather than the Calibre content server, to load books to your iPad.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2017, 01:25 PM   #6
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Or downgrade to an older version of Calibre?
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote