Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 07-11-2021, 09:32 PM   #1
avnermoshkovitz
avnermoshkovitz began at the beginning.

Device: Any ereader for Android or iOS
Can KOReader read any html5, javascript and css code?

Hi,

I am new to ebook world and to KOReader.

I have an html5, javascript, and css code that runs using a local webserver.
The code is transpiled via Webpack and Babel into a bundle.js file.
I want to run the code in a mobile phone, where setting a local webserver is not straight-forward (think of a non-tech end-user)
I recently found out that epub3 supports html5, javascript, and css.
I don't know to what extent this statement is true:
I was able to run the ebook on the desktop using Calibre, and Kotobee Reader on desktop, but multiple ereader apps on Android, failed to view the ebook (FBReader, Lithium, eReader, Rakuten Kobo, Reading Now, Libera Reader, Kotobee Reader on mobile)

Now I found out KOReader.
Being an open source software, I have hopes that if it does not open the ebook properly I could debug the code and adjust it to run the html5, javascript, and css code that I'm using.

Please let me know:
- is there a calibre like app that runs on mobile? (I'm aware of Calibre Content Server, but it requires calibre to run on a desktop)
- am I on the correct track?
- Is this a reasonable expectation to think that I can adjust KOReader code to read my html5, javascript, and css within myebook?

Thanks
avnermoshkovitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 06:55 AM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by avnermoshkovitz View Post
Hi,
- Is this a reasonable expectation to think that I can adjust KOReader code to read my html5, javascript, and css within myebook?
No. Epub3 requires webkit/chromium. The engine KOReader uses for rendering epubs has no support for Javascript at all.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert