Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 06-21-2021, 01:56 PM   #1
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Changing the size of the monospace font?

KOReader automatically falls back to a font it considers monospace (which on stock would be DroidSansMono).

This makes it distracting to read files that contain a mix of monospace and non-monospace text (for example, programming books), if the default size of the monospace font is significantly larger/smaller than the non-monospace font.

Any way to change the size of the monospace font?
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 01:57 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickyaxe View Post
KOReader automatically falls back to a font it considers monospace (which on stock would be DroidSansMono).
Err, when, where?

(I'm mainly objecting to the wording here, I *know* we use a monospace font for stuff that ought to be monospace [e.g., pre blocks] ^^).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2021, 11:43 PM   #3
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Err, when, where?

(I'm mainly objecting to the wording here, I *know* we use a monospace font for stuff that ought to be monospace [e.g., pre blocks] ^^).
I... don't actually know. That's just the behavior I'm observing when I replace DroidSansMono or add another monospaced font to the same directory DroidSansMono.ttf is located at.

It's not difficult to set a new monospace font (by adding a new file into that directory and hoping KOReader selects it as "the" monospace font). However, matching the size to your currently-used non-monospaced font is a hassle. Also, once KOReader has loaded, the monospaced font is not user-changeable.
Old 07-04-2021, 09:02 AM   #4
pickyaxe
Addict

So just a thought, would something like this be possible with custom CSS? For example, by setting the default font size of monospace text to something smaller.

Unfortunately, I know very little CSS.
Old 07-04-2021, 10:48 AM   #5
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
If the problem you're talking about is caused by the CSS in the book (and since you're talking about size, chances are it's the book saying the code should be larger/smaller), then you can definitely override it with a style tweak. Of course you can still try to work around whatever you're talking about if that's not the cause, but it's rather hard to say without any examples.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2021, 02:49 PM   #6
pickyaxe
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
If the problem you're talking about is caused by the CSS in the book (and since you're talking about size, chances are it's the book saying the code should be larger/smaller), then you can definitely override it with a style tweak. Of course you can still try to work around whatever you're talking about if that's not the cause, but it's rather hard to say without any examples.
As far as I can tell: the issue is that the glyphs in my monospace fonts are larger (taller) than the glyphs in my serif fonts, at a given font size, and the difference is noticeable. This isn't a CSS rule of a specific book, every file is like that. For example, markdown files with code blocks also behave this way.
Old 07-12-2021, 02:22 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can't you choose a monopsace and a sans-serif font that are similar in size?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 10:16 PM   #8
pickyaxe
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can't you choose a monopsace and a sans-serif font that are similar in size?
For now I stick to using Noto Serif and Noto Mono as default for everything. I don't like that font, but at least it's consistent.