Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 05-06-2020, 07:13 PM   #1
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Audible update adds Collections & Genres

iOS Audible v3.24.1 (and Android Audible 2.25.0) haV added ability to organize by Genre or create Collections, finally. I don’t see this on Fire, maybe because Collections can contain both Books and Audiobooks, whereas the Audible app has now created an independent set of collections.

However, the Filters (All, Not Started, Started, Downloaded, Finished) can’t be applied in Genre or Collection views. And you cannot add an item to the collection from Library list, or see which collections an item is in without visiting and searching in each collection. Sigh.

My hope is that they add ability to listen to audiobooks with the Kindle app and share the collections and Read status there and so one doesn’t need the Audible app any more (Just as with Apple Books, Kobo, Nook, Play Books etc.). Of course, keep the Audible app going for those who don’t buy Kindle books. At least this would give a more consistent experience.

My first collection is the set of audiobooks which can be used as audiobook companions to a Kindle book in my library. I generally consume these exclusively with the Kindle app.

Last edited by tomsem; 05-07-2020 at 01:24 AM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 12:05 AM   #2
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
I don't subscribe anymore but this is nice to know for existing books - thanks for the news!
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert