Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-01-2019, 11:20 PM   #16
sydmalicious
Cantankerous Contrarian
sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MapleRead, iPad Pro 12.9" 2018, iPhone 12 Pro, Kobo Forma 32gb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuregrace View Post
If it allowed inverting text I’d use it

I think you actually use it to do that, if you’re on a Paperwhite 4 or Oasis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sydmalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 11:57 AM   #17
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydmalicious View Post
I think you actually use it to do that, if you’re on a Paperwhite 4 or Oasis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Invert black and white is not a property you can set in Theme. You have to go to Accessibility Settings to toggle it on and off.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 12:03 AM   #18
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Does anybody, anybody at all know how to make a theme "stick" when the damned Oasis goes to screensaver mode? I mean, what is the POINT of the bloody themes, if they turn off every time the thing goes to sleep?????

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 01:26 PM   #19
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Does anybody, anybody at all know how to make a theme "stick" when the damned Oasis goes to screensaver mode? I mean, what is the POINT of the bloody themes, if they turn off every time the thing goes to sleep?????

Hitch

FWIW, this is not an issue on my 2 Paperwhites. And i presume if this were an issue in general, we would have had other similar reports prior to yours.

Have you tried Restart?
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 03:58 PM   #20
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
I do not. I set them up when it came out and found it 'fun' to mess around with, but never find them that useful since I tend to forget and leave current settings
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 01:14 AM   #21
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Basically I think the "themes" are a frou-frou feature.
That's basically the way I look at it.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 09:17 AM   #22
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
FWIW, this is not an issue on my 2 Paperwhites. And i presume if this were an issue in general, we would have had other similar reports prior to yours.

Have you tried Restart?
Yes, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
I do not. I set them up when it came out and found it 'fun' to mess around with, but never find them that useful since I tend to forget and leave current settings
I like to set a given font size, and the time remaining feature; that's about it. It's a "theme." If the blanking thing goes to sleep, then it "forgets" the theme and I have to reset it. I never, never had this problem with my Voyage or my PPW. Drives me nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
That's basically the way I look at it.
Well, that's nice, but I get tired of resetting the freaking time left in whatever, or the like, every time I open the freaking thing.

It boggles me that so-called "tech support" for Kindles at Amazon seems to be clueless about this as well. 99.99% of what I do with a Kindle of any stripe (eInk, Fire, reading app, etc.) is around my business, natch, but as a reader, it would be nice if I could make it do ONE bloody thing. It's almost ironically embarrassing.

Hitch
Old 07-22-2021, 10:15 AM   #23
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Yes, of course.

I like to set a given font size, and the time remaining feature; that's about it. It's a "theme." If the blanking thing goes to sleep, then it "forgets" the theme and I have to reset it. I never, never had this problem with my Voyage or my PPW. Drives me nuts.

Well, that's nice, but I get tired of resetting the freaking time left in whatever, or the like, every time I open the freaking thing.

It boggles me that so-called "tech support" for Kindles at Amazon seems to be clueless about this as well. 99.99% of what I do with a Kindle of any stripe (eInk, Fire, reading app, etc.) is around my business, natch, but as a reader, it would be nice if I could make it do ONE bloody thing. It's almost ironically embarrassing.

Hitch
This doesn't happen on my Oasis. Not either of them, actually (I have the 2 and the 3). The only thing I could suggest would be to do a factory reset?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 10:26 AM   #24
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
This doesn't happen on my Oasis. Not either of them, actually (I have the 2 and the 3). The only thing I could suggest would be to do a factory reset?

Shari
Do you use a custom theme, or one of the stock themes?

Hitch
Old 07-22-2021, 10:45 AM   #25
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Do you use a custom theme, or one of the stock themes?

Hitch
Custom. I have a few, actually, depending on what format the book is in, what time of day it is, etc. I tried it with all of them, and my settings stayed the same no matter how many times I put the device to sleep and woke it up.

Shari
Old 07-22-2021, 10:48 AM   #26
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Custom. I have a few, actually, depending on what format the book is in, what time of day it is, etc. I tried it with all of them, and my settings stayed the same no matter how many times I put the device to sleep and woke it up.

Shari
THAT is really weird. Hmph. This Oasis is relatively new. Well...maybe a reset is required. Bugger.

Thanks for the info.

Hitch
Old 07-26-2021, 07:09 AM   #27
shalym
Wizard

Quote:
THAT is really weird. Hmph. This Oasis is relatively new. Well...maybe a reset is required. Bugger.

Thanks for the info.

Hitch
Hi Hitch--I'm curious as to whether or not the reset helped?

Shari