Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-22-2021, 12:11 AM   #1
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 Kobo Claras, Kobo Elipsa, Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4, iPad 6 & iPhoneXS
Not prompted to rate or review anymore

I was wondering if others have noticed that Kobo doesn’t prompt for a rating or a review upon finishing a book anymore. When did they stop that? Or am I the only one seeing this behavior?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Cootey; 07-22-2021 at 05:22 AM.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 01:21 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The rating prompt only happens for purchased books. I haven't read a book from Kobo for a few weeks. But, I just refinished one now and was prompted to rate it. That's with a, shall we say, newer firmware version.

Have you turned it off with a patch? I don't think there is a config option anywhere. And I think you asked a question about parental controls. The rating could be something not shown when parental controls are on.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 02:23 AM   #3
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura HD, H2O, Glo HD, Aura One, Forma, Elipsa
Seeing same (no option to rate a book when finished) on my Elipsa running FW 4.28.17925 but the same book on my Forma running 4.26.16704 does ask me to rate it. My Elipsa has no patches installed. This is with a Kobo store bought book.

Also no parental controls turned on for either device.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 05:17 AM   #4
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The rating prompt only happens for purchased books. I haven't read a book from Kobo for a few weeks. But, I just refinished one now and was prompted to rate it. That's with a, shall we say, newer firmware version.

Have you turned it off with a patch? I don't think there is a config option anywhere. And I think you asked a question about parental controls. The rating could be something not shown when parental controls are on.

Well, I did ask about parental controls, but it was for my daughter's Kobo. I've never patched my Elipsa, not even nickel menu. I've had too many problems with my Elipsa to fiddle with it yet.

Also, the book I finished reading *was* a purchased one. This is why I'm baffled. I've finished quite a few purchased ebooks in the week since I got my replacement Elipsa. None have prompted me to review or rate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 07-22-2021, 05:19 AM   #5
Cootey
Absentminded Reader

Not prompted to rate or review anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
Seeing same (no option to rate a book when finished) on my Elipsa running FW 4.28.17925 but the same book on my Forma running 4.26.16704 does ask me to rate it. My Elipsa has no patches installed. This is with a Kobo store bought book.

Also no parental controls turned on for either device.

That's unfortunate. I'll test the same books with my Kobo Clara HD to see if they also fail to prompt form rating or review.

UPDATE: I just reloaded the last three books that I read on my Elipsa (all purchased) in my Clara and finished them. Each one prompted for rating and review. I think we've found a bug in the Elipsa. I'll report it using their feedback link on their site. If enough of us do that, they'll fix it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Cootey; 07-22-2021 at 05:39 AM.
Old 07-22-2021, 05:36 AM   #6
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O; RealMe X2 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
That's unfortunate. I'll test the same books with my Kobo Clara HD to see if they also fail to prompt form rating or review.

The behavior davidfor describes is what I've always seen on my Libra - ratings/review prompts only for purchased books, not sideloaded. Since I sideload even the books I do buy from Kobo, I end up leaving reviews and ratings on the website instead.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote