Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-17-2023, 06:53 AM   #1
hanchen
hanchen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Kobo Libra H20 always offers to sync and update

Hi!

I have had my Kobo Libra H20 since October 2021 and everything works well. The only thing that bugs me is that every time I wake it up and start using it, it offers me a sync and an update (it shows the circle with the exclamation point in the top right corner).
And when I say every time, I mean EVERY time - even if I just synced it, when I open it in 2 minutes, it will have a new update. I tried turning off the wifi, but it still wants to sync, which is weird to me because I'm not sure where does it get the update if there is no internet connection.
I also tried the Factory reset but it didn't work.

To be clear, I don't have a problem with updating, I want it to update, I just don't want to have to do it manually every single time I open my reader.

Thanks in advance!
hanchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 10:49 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanchen View Post
Hi!

I have had my Kobo Libra H20 since October 2021 and everything works well. The only thing that bugs me is that every time I wake it up and start using it, it offers me a sync and an update (it shows the circle with the exclamation point in the top right corner).
And when I say every time, I mean EVERY time - even if I just synced it, when I open it in 2 minutes, it will have a new update. I tried turning off the wifi, but it still wants to sync, which is weird to me because I'm not sure where does it get the update if there is no internet connection.
I also tried the Factory reset but it didn't work.

To be clear, I don't have a problem with updating, I want it to update, I just don't want to have to do it manually every single time I open my reader.

Thanks in advance!
What firmware version is it running?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 11:02 AM   #3
hanchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What firmware version is it running?
<Image converted to attachment>
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-4779.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	205304  

Last edited by DNSB; 12-17-2023 at 02:39 PM. Reason: converted image to attachment
Old 12-17-2023, 02:37 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Sorry but that is not the firmware version. The firmware version is hidden behind the popup though since the last part of the information visible is 2/23 which suggests that you are running 4.38.21908 with it's date of 8/22/23.

Last edited by DNSB; 12-17-2023 at 02:40 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 03:49 PM   #5
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
You can disable automatic syncing in the settings.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 03:51 PM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Perhaps wifi and sync are both turned on and sync has some odd setting?
All my Kobos are in sideloaded mode, so I can't see the sync settings page.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 01:23 PM   #7
hanchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
You can disable automatic syncing in the settings.
But I would like it to automaticly sync. I don't want to have to do it manually, or to not sync at all.