Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-05-2012, 06:11 AM   #1
wgabi
Enthusiast
wgabi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 5
looking for "The Vast Spread of the Seas" (The Twelve Kingdoms #3)

i'm not sure where to post this, i couldn't find a specific thread to do so... therefore i chose "General Discussions" please point me to the right direction if i'm wrong

i like fantasy books and decided to read "The Twelve Kingdoms" from "Fuyumi Ono", i did find volumes 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7 but not the third one. i can find paperback editions everywhere, but not one ebook :-(

does anyone know where to get it, buy it, download it, or any other way... as long as it's in an ebook format?

thanks
wgabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:34 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
There are many books that are not available as eBooks. Why not read it in paperback?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #3
Indio777
Addict
Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Mobile Phone, Kindle (rarely), but mostly still read paper
I think you'll have to read it in paperback. I do not think it was issued as an ebook. If it was, it is no longer available in that format.

And you had better get it rather quickly. This series was published by TokyoPop. That company went out of business last year, so with the exception of a few manga series that were picked up by other publishers, their titles are basically no longer in print.
Indio777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:43 AM   #4
wgabi
Enthusiast

ohhh... :-( i wanted in ebook, since i have the rest already, but i guess i don't have any other options, but get a paperback. i do have problem with deliveries every now and then, i live in a building which was a hotel before, and to get my mail is a great challenge sometimes, that is the other reason why i like ebooks

thanks for the info
Old 02-05-2012, 10:07 AM   #5
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Wow, I didn't know there was a translation at all of these novels... but the anime series is one of my favorites.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #6
wgabi
Enthusiast

as far as know the first 4 volumes are out "officially" the other 3 can be found online, i don't know how good these last ones volumes are, i have not read them yet, did not want to start till get all...
Old 02-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #7
Indio777
Addict
Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Mobile Phone, Kindle (rarely), but mostly still read paper
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgabi View Post
as far as know the first 4 volumes are out "officially" the other 3 can be found online, i don't know how good these last ones volumes are, i have not read them yet, did not want to start till get all...
wgabi, I see you listed as being in Gibraltar? Are these still in print in Europe? Only the US branch of TokyoPop was shut down. The German branch is still in operation (in German of course), but I checked Amazon.de and there don't seem to be any ebook version of the titles.

Actually, I am not sure there are many ebooks of manga. It's not very well-suited for ebooks.

Yeah, I know what you mean about preferring to have all of the books in a series before reading them, at least fantasy and sci-fi series, unless they are long-running ones. The only exception I have made is George Martin's Game of Thrones series, since he is takes forever to write new additions.
Indio777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:46 AM   #8
wgabi
Enthusiast

i couldn't find the ebook versions to buy either, my friend had the first two and the 4th volumes in pdf, that's how i got interested... then i saw that only the first 4 volumes are out in english... i was about to give up, but i've found the last three online, they were posted in html for online reading, (so i just saved the text - oops) not official releases, i think...

this how i ended up chasing the missing third one