Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-17-2010, 07:41 PM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
MY thoughts on my new K3

Okay.........so its been here less than 1/2 hour. Already I'm in love.

Put it in its case, and am amazed at how much lighter and smaller it is than my K1......even tho the screen is the same size.

I really really really hate to say this.........but its way prettier too.

Very intuitive to learn. I had gone to my amazon account and had several books sent to the K3 before it got here.....also had used Calibre yesterday to email a couple just to see if things worked as smoothly as people said.

Guess what folks, the books downloaded immediately both from Amazon and Calibre. Thanks to Kovid. Thats a great feature.

Using the 'sym' key to enter numbers to connect to my home Wi-Fi was a breeze...not as clunky as my K1 was.

I find the font very easy to read, and the toggle switch is nice nice nice. I will remember NOT to use my fingernails to toggle or change pages to keep from wearing off the print as has been noted before.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:49 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I'm so happy for you!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2010, 07:54 PM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Have fun DG! I think you'll love the darker crisper font on the K3!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:54 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Duck.

Oh, and I've already given myself palpitations.

Messing around with the txt key I accidentally set it to where the buttons were on the top and couldn't figure out how to fix it because I didn't know how I did it in the first place!

Amazing what the user manual can tell you!
Old 09-17-2010, 08:05 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post

Amazing what the user manual can tell you!
At least it crossed your mind to look there.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2010, 08:09 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
At least it crossed your mind to look there.
Yeah.....I'm a great believer in reading the manual....
Old 09-17-2010, 08:09 PM   #7
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Oh, you are going to have a great weekend!
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:02 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Just discovered another plus.......you K2 people already know this, but my K1 had two separate cords. One to charge, and
one usb.

I love the single cord with the pull away adapter they use now.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:10 PM   #9
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
Grandma, I also went from a K1 to a K3 and I love collections! I put all my samples in fiction and nonfiction collections, which really cleaned things up. That way I can use the sample collections as a wish list. The longer battery life is also really, really, really great.

Oh, and highlighting is easier and better and if the chapters are bookmarked by the publisher, that's great too!

But you probably don't want to read all of this because you will be reading your KINDLE!!
krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:25 PM   #10
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
I'm glad to see everyone liking their K3's.... mine is on order... as a surprise for my wife . It'll also be nice to see her own (published) books on the K3, gives us a better idea of if we need to tweak/change anything.
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:26 PM   #11
superstitious
Addict
superstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the rough

Device: K3 wifi
Congrats on your new toy! I am sure you're going to love it!
superstitious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:45 PM   #12
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Congratulations, dg! I am so jealous and want to get a new toy, also. Have fun!!

I'm going to start giving out hints for Christmas...

**hint, hint, sis **
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:21 PM   #13
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy4katz View Post
Grandma, I also went from a K1 to a K3 and I love collections! I put all my samples in fiction and nonfiction collections, which really cleaned things up. That way I can use the sample collections as a wish list. The longer battery life is also really, really, really great.

Oh, and highlighting is easier and better and if the chapters are bookmarked by the publisher, that's great too!

But you probably don't want to read all of this because you will be reading your KINDLE!!
I just read novels, and don't highlight or bookmark. Since the K keeps my place when I leave, thats all I need.

I am glad you and so many others are as thrilled as I am!!
Old 09-17-2010, 10:51 PM   #14
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
My biggest problem is going to be trying to not tell the wife before it gets here. Just hope she doesn't check the ccard statement... "Um, no, sorry honey - I spent that money on a computer part for myself"
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:53 PM   #15
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPLD View Post
My biggest problem is going to be trying to not tell the wife before it gets here. Just hope she doesn't check the ccard statement... "Um, no, sorry honey - I spent that money on a computer part for myself"
With the price of computer parts, that should sound reasonable.........