Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 08-07-2003, 11:34 PM   #1
tvchip
tvchip began at the beginning.

Device: Dell Axim X5 400
Unhappy ESPN? works w/ISilo, not w/Handstory

Hi:

I can get ESPN's PDA-friendly page to load great on ISilo -- works perfectly, except fonts are either too big (headlines) or too small (body text).

When I load the same link into Handstory, the front-page photo doesn't appear, and all the links click back to the same page. So it's basically useless on Handstory.

Here's the link:
http://wirelessproxy.espn.go.com/esp.../html/pocketpc

With both applications, link depth is set to 2.

Thanks!
tvchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 11:45 PM   #2
tvchip

more espn

I found a slightly different link...

http://proxy.espn.go.com/wireless/espn/html/pocketpc

Now at least the links work, but I still don't get the graphics. Not a big deal, but if anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate it.
Advert
Old 08-08-2003, 02:24 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
The graphics are located on a different server (starwave.com). Someone else asked a similar question for iSiloX - maybe HandStory handles it similarily ?!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 08:14 AM   #4
gvtexas
Addict
gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Clie TH55
HandStory cannot go offsite for any link...so if the graphics are elsewhere, HS won't load them. HS will only load pages/graphics that are on the base server of the page you're loading. Rumor is that they'll change this in version 3 (which was also rumored to be 4th qtr this year), but we'll see.
gvtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 11:28 AM   #5
tvchip

Thanks! This is very valuable information.
Advert