Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-18-2010, 09:37 AM   #16
MrGordons
MrGordons began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
After a courageous assault on ebook corrupted firmware, and the boss battle with re-updating to current sony firmware i format all restart and everything seems fine my Books have been carefully sent back to the device and lo it reads the files, and collections oh how grand, i go to my book –The Destroyer 56: Encounter group- i sit back for some light reward reading and im still waiting for the formatting screen to go away... it’s been 7 minutes now...all I did was select page 40. Aha! Right in front of me it has reset itself... darn
MrGordons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:54 PM   #17
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGordons View Post
ok need some gentle guidance now....HELP! how do I remove the PRSplus firmware. as much as I love it I loathe it, very slow and does the same format/restart trick but worse. i just want to get back to where I was, and the website has no removal instructions (That i can find)
Drop a message in this thread.

Until your main firmware is working normally you shouldn't experiment.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2010, 05:35 PM   #18
MrGordons
MrGordons began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
after bricking the device, i re-installed sony's latest firmware (which is still old, wish they made new...) and the device works great....as long as the book is LRF (BBEB) format, if its epub then bad things happen...often and viciously. oh well.
MrGordons is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crash, fail, formatting, prs 505, restart