Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-28-2016, 11:39 AM   #1
brainvision
Connoisseur
brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet, Kindle Paperwhite
2 folders as devices, send to device formatting per file

Hi there...

I know the title of this thread is not the best but I can't explain the whole thing in English language in few words..

So, I have an SD card, which I often attach to my PC to copy new ebooks that I can read later on tablet, mostly epub, pdf, cbr and cbz. I have two separate folders for ebboks into my SD card, one for epub and pdf (fiction, nonfiction, essay, poetry etc) and one for comics (CBR and CBZ, but sometimes PDF too).

I use the following formatting rules when saving comics (CBR, CBZ or PDF) ebooks
Code:
{series}/[#{series_index:>3s}]/{title} - {authors}
and this one for other king od ebooks (EPUB, AZW or PDF again):
Code:
{author_sort[0]}/{author_sort} - {title} [{pubdate}]
OK, fine, but the problem come when connecting the two folders to Calibre, which threat the different folders as a single device; I mean that I have to manually change the option from Device ---> Configure device, which I often forget to do!
So I would like to ask if there is some kind of deeper regex I could use here to solve this issue, maybe changing rules per file extension? I seem to recall that older version of Calibre had such an option, but it was a year ago or more, wasn't it?

Oh, last but least, is there a way to shorten the {pubdate} tag to years only, something like YYYY (2016, for example)?

Thanks a lot for paying attention,
see you!

Last edited by brainvision; 09-28-2016 at 11:40 AM. Reason: typo
brainvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 01:01 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
chaley did a similar for me back in 2010

Code:
program: 
test(	field('series'), 
	strcat(
		substr(field('series'), 0, 1),
		template("-series/{series}/{series_index:0>2s}-{title}_{id}_{authors}")
	),
	template("00noseries/{author_sort[0]}_authors/{authors}/{title}_{id}_{title}-{authors}")
)
You will see a base level to avoid a huge clutter (and possibly overload a root folder)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2016, 01:07 PM   #3
brainvision
Connoisseur
brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
chaley did a similar for me back in 2010

Code:
program: 
test(	field('series'), 
	strcat(
		substr(field('series'), 0, 1),
		template("-series/{series}/{series_index:0>2s}-{title}_{id}_{authors}")
	),
	template("00noseries/{author_sort[0]}_authors/{authors}/{title}_{id}_{title}-{authors}")
)
You will see a base level to avoid a huge clutter (and possibly overload a root folder)
thank you very much for your help, much appreciated, but.. in this case from what I understand a comics WITHOUT series tag will go in the second formatting rules.. Am I right?

EDIT: for comics I have new rules since a week now, I copied the old one.. now it is
Code:
{series}/{series_index:| [|] }{title} - {authors}
so that when no series is present the comics just go without strage chars like - -

Last edited by brainvision; 09-28-2016 at 01:10 PM.
brainvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 01:22 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I only broke up between series and no series (so you did need to know that ) for my Astak that only use the file system for the book shelf.
That template 'trick' is not needed since no series is a different branch

Note: Series does not have {Author} in front of titles because I read a lot of 'Universe' type books where the author names vary widely within the series
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote