Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-26-2014, 01:28 PM   #4141
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Just the fan films.

Oh, I didn't know the fan films manage to put real actors in them ...
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:32 PM   #4142
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Actors

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Oh, I didn't know the fan films manage to put real actors in them ...
They don't, at least not any nationally known TV or film actors.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2014, 01:50 PM   #4143
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
They don't, at least not any nationally known TV or film actors.

Well, I am having a hard time to keep up with the youtube videos of Jim Butcher interviews you post so much. There is a big backlog in my watch later list.

The fan films are not going to improve things. Don't think there is any in my watch later ...

Life is too short.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:57 PM   #4144
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

fan films

Quote:
Well, I am having a hard time to keep up with the youtube videos of Jim Butcher interviews you post so much. There is a big backlog in my watch later list.

The fan films are not going to improve things. Don't think there is any in my watch later ...

Life is too short.
That is, of course, up to you.

Old 07-26-2014, 03:56 PM   #4145
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
That is, of course, up to you.

Didn't say I don't like watching them, just that I have hours of interviews to watch first.
Advert
Old 07-26-2014, 07:32 PM   #4146
BuyMore
Lurker extraordinaire
BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPad Mini 4
Quote:

Karrin Murphy, tiny but fierce!

Oooh. Looks badass.

There should be an actual movie already!
BuyMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:08 PM   #4147
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Dresden to the Rescue?

I am hoping to lift myself out of the doldrums and finally begin my reread of the Dresden Files, short stories and all!!!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:38 PM   #4148
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Hooray...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I am hoping to lift myself out of the doldrums and finally begin my reread of the Dresden Files, short stories and all!!!

Old 07-26-2014, 09:39 PM   #4149
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I made the mistake of checking out Kindle Unlimited in the middle of Fool Moon. Now I want to figure out the end of the trilogy I am reading. The reread of the Dresden Files just going to have to wait a little.

Good luck on your reread - it will be a while with 15+1 book to read it all.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:13 PM   #4150
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:

Quote:
I made the mistake of checking out Kindle Unlimited in the middle of Fool Moon. Now I want to figure out the end of the trilogy I am reading. The reread of the Dresden Files just going to have to wait a little.

Good luck on your reread - it will be a while with 15+1 book to read it all.
Yeah, unexpected distractions can be a nuisance! I hope you're enjoying what you're reading now, though.

Thanks...Oh its more than the 15+1. There are the non-Side Jobs short stories to read as well.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 01:06 AM   #4151
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Book Review: Side Jobs by Jim Butcher

Quoted from MuggleNet

Quote:

Book Review: Side Jobs by Jim Butcher

Posted by: Robbie May 27, 2014 in Book Reviews, Robbie

Here is a collection of eleven stories, ranging from very short up to novelette length, supplementing the novels of the Dresden Files. One was written before Storm Front, the very first Dresden novel, when Harry was still an apprentice detective and Jim Butcher was still learning to write. Another was suggested by his publisher as a promotional gimmick for one of his earlier books. One was written for this collection. And the rest were originally published in anthologies with stories by other authors, organized around themes like weddings and honeymoons, mead and beer, birthday mayhem, comedy, and romance. Also included is the novella Backup, originally published as a standalone title.

[SNIP OF ENTIRE REVIEW - DO NOT REPOST COPYRIGHT MATERIAL]

Last edited by pdurrant; 08-08-2014 at 06:15 AM.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:41 AM   #4152
Melon Soda
★ Enjoy Your Reads! ★
Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Desktop
Quote:

Karrin Murphy, tiny but fierce!

Wow, she looks really good as Karrin!
Melon Soda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:20 PM   #4153
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool YER A WIZARD, HARRY! Daniel Radcliffe cosplays as Spider-Man

YER A WIZARD, HARRY! Daniel Radcliffe cosplays as Spider-Man to enjoy
#SDCC2014 without getting mobbed.

"It’s my first time here. I wanted to come to - you know you don’t go to
Comic Con without going down on the floor and seeing it all, and so the
way I came up with doing that was Spider-Man." - Daniel Radcliffe at the
2014 SDCC

Old 07-27-2014, 09:37 PM   #4154
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool “Skin Games” Review

Quote:
Harry’s Dresden’s Heist Steals the Show: “Skin Games” Review

Posted on June 26, 2014

Jo Wylie ‘16 / Emertainment Monthly Staff Writer

HARRY DRESDEN – WIZARD

Lost Items Found. Paranormal Investigations.

Consulting. Advice, Reasonable Rates.

No Love Potions, Endless Purses, Parties, or Other Entertainment

The first Dresden Files book, Storm Front, hit shelves in 2000, and fans instantly fell in love with the only wisecracking wizard in the phonebook. Fourteen years and fourteen books later, Harry Dresden has become no less dear to the hearts of his many fans, and Jim Butcher continues to awe and excite us with every new title.

[SNIP OF ENTIRE REVIEW - DO NOT REPOST COPYRIGHT MATERIAL]

Last edited by pdurrant; 08-08-2014 at 06:12 AM.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:07 PM   #4155
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
[skin game review]
Nicely written, up until talk about Changes, Ghost Story and Cold Days. What utterly crap to call it very dangerous moral territory - if they've got their panties in a bunch that much then they should have complained about Bob the skull starting with the first book, Storm Front.

I think even Skin Game is still a very dark book. More in thought and calm than anything. That makes each evil person even more evil.

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy