Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-10-2011, 01:23 AM   #91
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
Whatever you do, don't use it as a rag. It will be a nice keepsake (of your great times with the Kno folk ) - SORRY - But seriously, get a photo of you in it. Add some comment in the image. "Does anyone Kno the Shipping Date" and email it to them.
Or think of some other witty remarks. There's gotta be heaps with a name like Kno.
You Kno it!
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:29 AM   #92
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
My "settling" is someone else's "perfect". I want it just for textbooks and note taking. I suppose I could turn the Wacom off, but knowing that I almost had/have a Kno with palm rejection makes me want to hold out.

I think he does have the 64GB. If your seriously interested, send me a PM with your email and I'll get it to him.
Well, just for textbooks and note taking it would be serious overkill -- no doubt. And too expensive. I want it as a full fledged computer. So on my frequent travels I wouldn't have to bring a tablet for entertainment and a laptop for work. It would be an all-in-one. Besides, I like the slightly larger screen size.

Actually you would be turning off the capacitive screen, not the wacom screen for note taking. Anyway, you kno that the Kno will always a remain a pipe dream. The iPad is not a bad choice for what you want to do.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2011, 02:28 PM   #93
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Well, just for textbooks and note taking it would be serious overkill -- no doubt. And too expensive. I want it as a full fledged computer. So on my frequent travels I wouldn't have to bring a tablet for entertainment and a laptop for work. It would be an all-in-one. Besides, I like the slightly larger screen size.

Actually you would be turning off the capacitive screen, not the wacom screen for note taking. Anyway, you kno that the Kno will always a remain a pipe dream. The iPad is not a bad choice for what you want to do.
Duh! Right you are! "Back track, reverse that."

You're right about it being overkill. I need battery life, you need it to be fully functional. Your tablet may be hard to get, but at least they're in production! My ideal tablet is vaporware

(PS: I love that ranting guy... lol)
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:25 PM   #94
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
It is not my ideal tablet yet -- that one would have a new Sandybridge processor, 6-8 hours of battery life and it would weigh a lot less than 2 1/2 pounds. Well, it will probably quite a while before we get there. Perhaps still get an iPad2 and hack the hell out of it. Just read today that there is a new way to get Flash on it. That makes it actually usable for me.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:06 PM   #95
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Well, just got mine couple of min ago.

Restored backup from previous one. I must say that it really feels different, better. It is almost as same way as my Kindle DXG. It is softer or more round on the edges or back, can't explain, so the ereading experience should be better as well.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2011, 08:30 PM   #96
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Well, just got mine couple of min ago.

Restored backup from previous one. I must say that it really feels different, better. It is almost as same way as my Kindle DXG. It is softer or more round on the edges or back, can't explain, so the ereading experience should be better as well.
Need to update your device list.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:34 PM   #97
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Need to update your device list.
True!
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote