Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-12-2011, 10:41 AM   #1
Lirael
Moomin
Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Showing full title?

Hiya, I'm new to using Calibre, and I'm trying to figure out how to change it so that the title column shows the full title of books. Right now it's a really narrow column, only showing a couple letters - which isn't very helpful!

I tried changing my preferences to reduce the number of columns, but that just gave me a really narrow title column and a lot of blank space. I've been poking around but can't figure out how to do this. Any help would be lovely.
Lirael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:47 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lirael View Post
Hiya, I'm new to using Calibre, and I'm trying to figure out how to change it so that the title column shows the full title of books. Right now it's a really narrow column, only showing a couple letters - which isn't very helpful!

I tried changing my preferences to reduce the number of columns, but that just gave me a really narrow title column and a lot of blank space. I've been poking around but can't figure out how to do this. Any help would be lovely.
Did you try grabing (with your mouse) the bar in the heading, between the Title and the next (to the right) column, and making it bigger?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2011, 10:47 AM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
If you rest your mouse cursor on the division between any two columns, it should change to an arrow pointing left and right. If you click and drag, you can then resize the columns.
If double click instead of single click, you'll get an automatic adjustment to show the longest entry completely.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:09 PM   #4
Lirael
Moomin
Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350
D'oh!

Never thought of that! I'm normally much more computer-literate, I swear!

Thanks
Lirael is offline   Reply With Quote