Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 01-11-2011, 11:57 AM   #1
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Question tab2opf.py <idx:key key="xxx">

I tested the tab2opf.py script to convert tab-delimited text files to the mobi format and noticed that it creates a <idx:key key="xxx"> tag.

At first I thought that it could be used to specify alternate search entries without diacritics, but when I changed the text, it wouldn't show up in the list of index entries nor does it seem to be used for anything.

I'm wondering what this tag is supposed to do. (I looked at the official documentation, but they don't give any useful examples.)

This might be a long shot, but does anybody know whether it's at all possible to create a mobi dictionary where multiple index entries point to the same definition.

E.g. would it be possible to create a definition for "to go" that would also be found if the user entered "went," "going" or "gone"?
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dictionary, indexing, mobi conversion