Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 10-21-2016, 12:57 PM   #751
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackstar57 View Post
Hey... anybody know where I can find a copy of thomas harris- black sunday? Just read a couple of his books and this one seems to be his first...
I can help. Since you have a Kobo, here's a link to the book at Kobo.

https://store.kobobooks.com/en-us/ebook/black-sunday-1
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 12:59 PM   #752
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Blackstar has left the building.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2017, 02:07 PM   #753
ekbell
Guru
ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'd love to see books by Richard Halliburton (died 1939) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Halliburton particularly his two Books of Marvels.
ekbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 01:18 AM   #754
dbarissen
dbarissen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Ebook request?

Hello everyone. I am a newbie. I could not find any field to request ebook. In this forum, can we make a wish for an ebook?
dbarissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 05:19 AM   #755
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=10290
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2017, 09:47 AM   #756
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moved to the appropriate forum.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 10:39 AM   #757
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Don, could you change the header date to 1st Jan 1946? PD date has moved on. . .
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 10:41 AM   #758
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Unfortunately we can't. It should say "1 Jan 1947" now.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 08:43 PM   #759
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I'm confused about the public domain status of Margaret Mitchell's Gone With the Wind. She died over 70 years ago, so should be in the UK public domain, but MR doesn't have it in the library, at least in Kindle format.

I have a pbook of it, but the print is so small that I hate reading it. Amazon have two kindle versions with such varying lengths that I'm not sure if one is abridged.

If it is in the UK public domain, (and I love to hear if it is, or if not, why not,) could some wonderful MR book creator please make it available here please. I would trust a version from here far more than from Amazon.

Thank you.

Sorry, just realised my maths is wonky, it'll be another couple of years before she's in the UK pd. I keep thinking we're death+50 rather than death+70. Botherations!

I hope someone is working on it so that it'll be ready when it comes into the public domain.

Last edited by BookCat; 07-29-2017 at 08:55 PM.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 04:08 AM   #760
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Gone With the Wind is indeed in the Canadian public domain. And it will be in the UK public domain on 1st January 2020. However, it will not be the USA public domain until 1st January 2032 since it was first published in 1936. And the lawyers for the estate are litigious.

However, I note that it's now at Gutenberg Australia. I don't know what arrangement they made with the estate, but I know they received letters about it.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 06:18 AM   #761
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Given the lawyers (and whoever is in charge) from the estate of Mitchell, I would never ever spend even one penny on Gone with the Wind.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 07:15 PM   #762
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Gone With the Wind is indeed in the Canadian public domain. And it will be in the UK public domain on 1st January 2020. However, it will not be the USA public domain until 1st January 2032 since it was first published in 1936. And the lawyers for the estate are litigious.

However, I note that it's now at Gutenberg Australia. I don't know what arrangement they made with the estate, but I know they received letters about it.
T-minus 17 months until something goes into the public domain in the US . . .

(And yes, my money is still on the table. . . )

Last edited by Greg Anos; 07-30-2017 at 07:19 PM.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 02:44 AM   #763
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
T-minus 17 months until something goes into the public domain in the US . . .

(And yes, my money is still on the table. . . )
And your bets with Fluribus have 53/65 months to run.
Old 08-06-2017, 06:26 PM   #764
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I'm interested in reading some of Stanley John Weyman's books. They're in the library, but not with the illustrations. I would love to read "The Castle Inn" with the original pictures. I'm assuming these are in the public domain in the UK, sorry if I'm wrong.
Could some MR formatter consider working on this please. Thanks lots.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 04:34 AM   #765
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Stanley John Weyman died in 1928, so the words have been out of copyright in the UK since 1979.

The Illustrations in the 1898 edition appear to be by Walter Appleton Clark who died young (age 30 or so) in 1906. So they are out of copyright in the UK, and have been so since 1957.

Both words and illustrations are out of copyright in the US, since the book was published before 1923.

If Mr Clark had lived to (say) 75 instead of 30, his illustrations would not have been in the public domain in the UK until 2022.