Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-09-2011, 10:45 PM   #1
opitzs
Avid Reader
opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, PRS T1, Kobo Glo
0.8.30 and PRS-T1 Plugboards

Hi,

I just wanted to thank you for the Plugboard fix in the latest Update to calibre.
It works like a charm here! Even with the latest firmware.

Thank you very much
Sven
opitzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:52 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Glad to hear it. But I would hold of celebrating just yet. The T1 firmware is buggy enough that it is hard to know if it will actually work in all circumstances.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:55 PM   #3
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Sadly, I cannot report the same success. My first connect on any day still triggers a re-extract of metadata by the T1.

The good news is that chaley's workaround suggestion of having a second plugboard in place (for EPUB/PRST1 which duplicates the DEVICE_DB/PRST1 plugboard) when epubs are sent to the T1 still works. i.e. for epubs the re-extracted metadata is the same value as was 'thrown away' from the DEVICE_DB/PRST1 metadata.

This just leaves PDFs with the 'wrong' metadata after the day's first connect as TXT files never seem to lose their plugboard metadata.

The second connect of the day still corrects the PDFs.

P.S I haven't updated the T1 firmware yet, so I don't know whether this will make a difference.

Last edited by jackie_w; 12-11-2011 at 12:57 PM. Reason: P.S.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote