Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 06-01-2011, 08:57 PM   #226
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
Thanks for the input on the pdf file; I downloaded another version of the book and it worked fine. For now I'll just delete the bad file; even though it seems to work fine with adobe acrobat, there must be something wrong with it.
Bob
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:18 AM   #227
Kluyg
Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Sony PRS-950
Really great software! Thanks a lot!
It could be even greater if it supports not only "exclude pages" list but allow user to create groups of pages. I mean:
I have a document, which has very big margins in pages 2-300 and small margins in pages 301-500. I create two groups in Briss: 1) 2-300, 2) 301-500. Then Briss makes 4 separate merged previews: for even pages from group 2-300, for odd pages from group 2-300, for even pages from group 301-500 and for odd pages from group 301-500.
Found bug:
Bookmarks doesn't work, after crop Is it a known issue? I can send the PDF which has working bookmarks before crop and nonworking - after crop.

Last edited by Kluyg; 06-03-2011 at 05:34 AM.
Kluyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:30 AM   #228
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
You do know that calling PDF cropping software BRISS can be considered rather offensive to some.
Only a fool takes offense where no offense was intended.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:09 PM   #229
goofy
goofy began at the beginning.

Device: none
4x4 minipages

Hi,

first let me say that I really like Briss, it's really cool!
I prefer the command line version, since I have a lot of files to be cropped (usually 2 column scientific papers).
As I want to read them on my Kindle (with a 6' screen) I would really appreciate an option to automatically crop each page into 4 pages (such that a 2 column paper will be more comfortable to be read). The page order should then be
1 3
2 4
per page. I hope you understand what I mean.

and something else: I just checked out the source and tried to build it with 'mvn clean install'. I get an error saying that the classes pdfReader and Rectangle can not be found. Where can I get them?

Thanks a lot!
goofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:35 AM   #230
laborg
Zealot
laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Cybook Gen3
There is an additional developer working on Briss and I guess the trunk can't be built because of this. If I have any free time I want to implement a more sophisticated command line processing, but at the moment I'm looking for a new job so I don't know how much time I can spare.

best regards,
gerhard
laborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:50 AM   #231
goofy
goofy began at the beginning.

Hi,

thanks for your reply!
I know that you do this in your spare time, so no pressure at all! I thought that I might have some time myself to add the feature...

Good luck then with finding a new job. I guess Briss is a good reference (despite it's slightly offensive name ).

Best,
G
goofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:02 AM   #232
angelacat
angelacat began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
It seems many people feel good to use Briss although there is some places are not optimal. I vote for it and here is also a hot discussion about it,
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/pdf-fil...riendly-briss/
angelacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:34 AM   #233
dubwai
dubwai began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Thanks for awesome program. But 0.13 have regression to 0.12. For pdf that you can find in attachment, if we excluded from merging pages № 1-2;27;158-164;208-215; than BRISS 0.13 freeze and the end of creating merged previews (see screenshot in attachment). In 0.12 this process is normal, and with it I can crop this pdf, but 0.12 is not good in usability then 0.13.

Also will be good, that in future we have able to manually merge exludings. For example in this book pages from 158-164 and 208-215 have same crop filed sizes, but I must manually edit every page from this range, but I think option that merge this range into one will be good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	701
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	73782  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MJ Health.pdf (1.80 MB, 918 views)
dubwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:17 PM   #234
a.m
a.m began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I am trying to run the 0.12/0.13 version on Mac OS X 10.4.11 and upon double-clicking am receiving the message:

The jar file "briss-0.0.13.jar" couldn't be launched.
Check the Console for possible error messages.

not sure how to deal with that. I'd be grateful for a bit of help!
a.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:39 PM   #235
xfiles
xfiles can extract oil from cheesexfiles can extract oil from cheesexfiles can extract oil from cheesexfiles can extract oil from cheesexfiles can extract oil from cheesexfiles can extract oil from cheesexfiles can extract oil from cheesexfiles can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle
Thumbs up Thanks

BRISS is a awesome software!!!

Thanks so much!
xfiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:03 PM   #236
arslonga
Connoisseur
arslonga began at the beginning.

Crossposted from another forum. Maybe this one reaches a wider audience.

I have just cropped a PDF document with BRISS, but still the supposedly cropped headers and footers will appear when opening the new cropped document with BookDesigner. I was wondering if someone could help with, or at least, explain this issue, since my understanding was that BRISS performs destructive crops. Thank you.
arslonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:05 PM   #237
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by arslonga View Post
Crossposted from another forum. Maybe this one reaches a wider audience.

I have just cropped a PDF document with BRISS, but still the supposedly cropped headers and footers will appear when opening the new cropped document with BookDesigner. I was wondering if someone could help with, or at least, explain this issue, since my understanding was that BRISS performs destructive crops. Thank you.
No the cropped text is only hidden, not removed. You need something like Acrobat Pro to physically remove hidden text.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:14 PM   #238
khin99
MHK99
khin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: prs 505, nook color, Kindle Fire, Nexus 7
Very nice tool. It worked perfectly the first time I ran the program, the second time an error message popped up that a password is required. I thought it might be due to file corruption and downloaded BRISS again and ran the file. The same message appeared. Any idea how to resolve this?
khin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:57 AM   #239
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by khin99 View Post
Very nice tool. It worked perfectly the first time I ran the program, the second time an error message popped up that a password is required. I thought it might be due to file corruption and downloaded BRISS again and ran the file. The same message appeared. Any idea how to resolve this?
Is it a different PDF? The program is trying to tell you that the PDF is password protected.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:29 PM   #240
khin99
MHK99
khin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: prs 505, nook color, Kindle Fire, Nexus 7
@DaleDe,
It is not the same pdf. It did cross my mind that it could be protected. I will try another pdf. Thanx.
khin99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cropping pdf, pdf