Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 07-27-2016, 08:58 AM   #1
Lizj1
Enthusiast
Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, Kindle 3, Kobo H20, Oasis 2
CC can't see local books

Hi,

I use CC without problem on my Kindle fire. But now I loaded it on an no-name android tablet which claims to be running Android 5.12 (which I'm not sure is a real release).

I have gone into settings to select my default drive, and in settings, I can see the books I loaded by USB.

But when I go back to the library view or the grouping drawer, it says my library is empty.

Any idea why I can't see my side loaded books?

I also tried sending to device from Calibre, and save to disk from calibre, and I can't see those either (but I can on my fire)

Liz
Lizj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:33 AM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
How did you transfer the books to your no-name tablet? If you didn't use one of CC's own transfer options I think that might be your problem.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2016, 10:14 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
AFAIK CC must do the transfer wirelessly, not via wire (USB) or FTP...
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:41 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
jackie_w & theducks have the right of it. See our FAQ Can I use both CC and calibre's USB connection at the same time?.

If you really want to sideload books using USB then using CC' Cloud's "Local Library" option might work for you. See I have a copy of a calibre library on an SD card. Can CC use it?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 07:04 AM   #5
Lizj1
Enthusiast
Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, Kindle 3, Kobo H20, Oasis 2
Thanks all. So I will go back and reload them "properly." I just don't remember being so careful with the fire.
Lizj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert