Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-11-2019, 06:01 AM   #1
vic70
vic70 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
moving purchased books from kindle to calibre

Hello, just joined mobile read forums
I used to move kindle azw files to calibre manually by locating the file in the kindle folder on my mac, removing the drm with third party software and then moving it to calibre
It worked for years. Now purchased books no longer appear in the kindle folder on my mac. It had already occurred before when I updated the kindle software to the latest version but at that time I solved the problem by reverting to the 1.17.0 version of the kindle software which I'm still using now
Any ideas how to solve this?
Or any suggestions on how to move kindle books to calibre for conversion to pdf and other formats?
vic70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 10:11 AM   #2
Tomk2
Groupie
Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: none
Can you download the book directly from the Amazon your content page? Then move it from your download folder into Calibre? After that, you can use a plug in for calibre to remove DRM, but I think you need to tell Calibre the serial number of one of your Amazon devices? That's the way I do it on my Mac desktop.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Tomk2; 11-11-2019 at 10:13 AM.
Tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, kindle folder, kindle to calibre, pdf conversion