Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 03-07-2015, 10:03 AM   #1
ernieh
Connoisseur
ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch, kobo mini, Icarus Xl, Likebook Mars, Kobo Forma, Pocketboo
Orizon book handling

I have an Orizon which I am not using much so it is just a backup if my (when! Wife and me have already worn out 3 devices eink does not last forever if you are a dedicated reader) Kobo dies. The reason I stopped using it is that it can only handle a couple of hundred books before it gets impossibly slow so neat as it is I like to have a much larger selection always on hand. Pity it is let down by software that tries to do too much library management simpler would be better.
ernieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 03:51 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Do you use folders? Mine used to work fine with folders.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2015, 04:17 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Why do you say "eink does not last forever if you are a dedicated reader"? I've been using eInk devices since around 2006, and have never had a problem with a device. In what way have yours "worn out"?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 11:30 AM   #4
ernieh
Connoisseur
ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

when I say worn out I mean the display has faded permanently to the point of being unreadable. They last indefinitely if you don't use them much I have an abandoned Elonex which is still fine. As for fading just compare a new ones contrast with a much used one of the same brand and it gets worse and worse.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:13 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Fading used to be an issue with the first generation eInk screens, but not with the newer "Pearl" or "Carta" screens.
Advert
Old 03-13-2015, 10:32 AM   #6
ernieh
Connoisseur

Good to know. Do you know what screen the Kobo has? Another question I am curious how it is possible to have 67000 posts even over 10 years do you have a staff?
Old 03-13-2015, 10:34 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernieh View Post
Good to know. Do you know what screen the Kobo has?
Which Kobo model are you referring to?

Quote:
Another question I am curious how it is possible to have 67000 posts even over 10 years do you have a staff?
I have a large collection of trained monkeys who type all my posts for me.