Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-14-2018, 10:28 AM   #1
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter
ChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Disabling Virtual Library Not Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Click the clear button to the right of the search bar or press the Esc key.

According to the debug log you posted, you have installed the View Manager plugin.
I read your comments about Virtual Library plug-in, but am not able to remove or disable it.

I am constantly losing all my Calibre ebooks' formats. Have looked everywhere on my hard drive, in iCloud, Dropbox, etc.

I would really like to know why this is happening and how to stop it!
ChipAHoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 12:42 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipAHoy View Post
I read your comments about Virtual Library plug-in, but am not able to remove or disable it.

I am constantly losing all my Calibre ebooks' formats. Have looked everywhere on my hard drive, in iCloud, Dropbox, etc.

VIEW MANAGER plugin
Not Virtual Library plugin.

Then problem is NOT the plugin itself, BUT the view you configured
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2018, 04:01 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Read the last item in the calibre FAQ Library Management section, snippet:

Quote:
<snip>

If you are using a file-syncing tool it is essential that you make sure that both calibre and the file syncing tool do not try to access the calibre library at the same time. In other words, do not run the file syncing tool and calibre at the same time.

<snip>
Ψ²

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 04:43 PM   #4
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter
ChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
VIEW MANAGER plugin
Not Virtual Library plugin.

Then problem is NOT the plugin itself, BUT the view you configured
OK, from your response, I have no idea what to do next. I do not see any View configuration that you mentioned, either under Preferences or Plugins .

I just tried creating a new library, but the library has the same problems as the old library.

I need a solution on how to get my formats and ebook data back together.
ChipAHoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 11:31 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:

As a first step, try following the advice you've been given: STOP trying to sync your calibre library with iCloud, Dropbox or any other cloud storage whether local as on a NAS or remote. This can turn your library into an omelette when you were expecting a carton of eggs.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert