Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 09-25-2018, 12:30 PM   #1
MzAJB
MzAJB began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HDX
Main memory content change?

Up until recently, and possibly with the update, anytime I connected my Calibre companion to my pc Calibre, it would show all books in the main memory of my kindle with a check mark. Now, it only shows new additions and no longer will show me the hundreds of books that are on my kindle.

Can anyone help with this issue please?
MzAJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 04:17 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moderator Notice
Moved to CC

Charles will probably have to answer this. I suspect the CC DB on the device is corrupt.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2018, 03:45 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzAJB View Post
Up until recently, and possibly with the update, anytime I connected my Calibre companion to my pc Calibre, it would show all books in the main memory of my kindle with a check mark. Now, it only shows new additions and no longer will show me the hundreds of books that are on my kindle.

Can anyone help with this issue please?
Are the books shown in CC? If not then they won't show in calibre because CC doesn't know about them.

Are the books shown in calibre's device view? If yes then somehow calibre and CC have lost the connection between the books in calibre's library and the books in CC. This can happen by replacing the calibre library with another so that the book IDs change. There are three fixes:
  • In calibre's device view, for each unmatched (unchecked) book, right click on the book and use the Match Book to Library function. From time to time use the "Update cached metadata on device" command to tell CC about the changes.
  • In calibre's device view, select all non-checked books that you know exist in calibre's main library. Delete these books from the device (CC), then resend the books from calibre's library view.
  • Resend all the books from calibre. Depending on calibre and CC's setup this might replace the books in CC or duplicate the books in CC. Try it with one or two books to see what happens.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 01:14 PM   #4
MzAJB
MzAJB began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HDX
Thanks!

Thanks so much for taking the time to read the input, truly.
MzAJB is offline   Reply With Quote