Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 04:17 PM   #46
chris77586
Patent Pending
chris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughing

Device: prs 350
Hey everyone, I updated the original post. You can buy them directly from the shapeways.com now. The only problem is, there is a $25 minumum order. Plus, I wont be able to gaurentee that they fit without a little sanding if you order through shapeways. Each Stylus I sent out had to tweaked ever so slightly. But its up to you guys. They are still $10 if you order them through me.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:31 PM   #47
vrijdag21
vrijdag21 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
I'm sticking with you, Chris! Please let me know when you order and I'll arrange payment.
Advert
Old 08-20-2011, 09:56 PM   #48
JenPen1
Connoisseur
JenPen1 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS505 (given away), Sony 650 Touch, LG Nexus 4, Kobo Arc
I'm sticking with you too, Chris and you already have my money!!

Jen
Old 08-21-2011, 05:01 PM   #49
mick1952
mick1952 began at the beginning.

Device: sonyprs 350
stylus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick1952 View Post
Have you any stylus left for sony prs 350 thanks
Could you please add me to the list many thanks
Old 08-22-2011, 02:29 AM   #50
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris77586 View Post
Hey everyone, I updated the original post. You can buy them directly from the shapeways.com now. The only problem is, there is a $25 minumum order. Plus, I wont be able to gaurentee that they fit without a little sanding if you order through shapeways. Each Stylus I sent out had to tweaked ever so slightly. But its up to you guys. They are still $10 if you order them through me.
Do I know the people from shapeways? No. So, I'll stick with you.
Advert
Old 08-22-2011, 12:29 PM   #51
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Do I know the people from shapeways? No. So, I'll stick with you.
+1.

You have a fan club.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:22 AM   #52
chris77586
Patent Pending
chris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughing

shapeways is actually the website I use to order them from haha. But yeah, Its up to you guys. Soon I may stop taking orders personally, I simply can't keep up with all the orders I'm getting! I'll probably order 1 more batch then leave it on shapeways for everyone to order a pair.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:05 AM   #53
er0_senn1n
er0_senn1n began at the beginning.

chris you are a genius
Old 08-24-2011, 09:41 AM   #54
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
What if you explain how you designed them to several of the Etsy and Amazon custom cover sellers, and got them to take over?

It seems like a complimentary product.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:46 AM   #55
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
What if you explain how you designed them to several of the Etsy and Amazon custom cover sellers, and got them to take over?
It seems like a complimentary product.
[ Not Amazon, please - they'll DRM it...........
Anyway, it's for Sony, can't have that !

And I can't help thinking "therein lies madness"....

Vile commerce will do a job on it !

Chris - make sure you keep copywrite/patent(probly not patentable tho) - but it's probly not economic to do either......

sigh............
Old 08-25-2011, 11:55 AM   #56
chris77586
Patent Pending

I feel like if I patent it and sony finds out, they may not be in the best of moods hehe. One idea is that if 2 people want one stylus each they can split bill through paypal. have one person ship one of the styluses to the other person. I haven't seen one person on this forum that Doesn't seem genuine, so you guys could work out somthing like that. Shapeways.com also has good customer service, while there isnt a phone number to call, they send out quick replies to your emails ( usually within the day you sent it). You could talk to them and they might be able to ship one order to 2 different adresses.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:27 PM   #57
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
If it weren't for new Sony ereaders expected out this fall sometime, I would really suggest that chris just order 100 of them. I really have no doubt that they'd be sold probably within 3-4 months or so.

Heck, even with new readers coming out, it's probably a smart thing to do. It probably would work out to a cheaper unit price for chris, and still an excellent price for anyone who needs a replacement or a spare. Most people won't immediately upgrade, and those that do will probably pass on their readers to someone else in their family or sell them... so again, there's still potential customers in need of the stylus inspite of new ereaders.

And you can't beat the past experience of knowing that he's a reliable honest source, which is why everyone here would prefer to order from him instead of ordering from elsewhere.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:27 AM   #58
joethescaff
joethescaff began at the beginning.

Device: sony 350 pocket edition
PRS-350 PRS-350 Replacement Styluses

Chris I would like to stay with if you if that's ok
Old 08-26-2011, 05:32 AM   #59
bevdeforges
Addict
bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Sony PRS600B; Sony 350; Sony T-2
Just a small note of caution on ordering through Shapeways for those of you located in the EU. They do have to add VAT at 19%, which raises the price for 2 styluses (styli?) to almost $30.

I can understand that going through Shapeways is probably far more convenient for Chris, so I'm going to check into maybe ordering through them, but having the shipment made to a friend in the US, who can pop them in an envelope and send them to me for something less than the $4.75 in VAT. My friend, however, has a hurricane bearing down on her this weekend so I think I'll wait and see how she's doing next week before proposing this little service to her.

If someone else in France is interested in a stylus for $12.50, contact me and we'll "split" an order for two.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:35 AM   #60
MasterGame
Enthusiast
MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Chris - make sure you keep copywrite/patent(probly not patentable tho) - but it's probly not economic to do either......
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris77586 View Post
I feel like if I patent it and sony finds out, they may not be in the best of moods hehe.
No offense (I've ordered a stylus from Chris), but there's nothing to be patented here. The size and shape are a direct copy of what Sony already has in production. And other companies have used slightly flexible plastic stylus designs for years. (I've got one from an old Palm Zire and another from a Philips touchscreen remote. Too bad neither fits in the Sony Reader though.)

In any case, you'd be looking at several hundred dollars in US patent office filing fees and several thousand dollars in patent attorney fees just to produce all the paperwork to file for a patent (which would likely be rejected anyway). In short, don't waste any time or effort even thinking about it.
Closed Thread