Old 12-07-2021, 07:07 AM   #1
sero1911
sero1911 began at the beginning.

Device: Libra H2O
How do I load firmware on a Libra(1)?

Hi, to keep it short

-deep end discharged my Kobo Libra after a trip
-voltmeter showed a dead battery
-replaced it with a new one (soldering) (can be charged via USB)
-device can't be hard reseted
-still shows my last ebook cover and is found via USB under WIN10 as "se blank 6sll"

by checking your forum I found out that it's bricked, is there the possibility to load the firmware back to the device via USB +script/software?

got this one (MARK 7 from your table): kobo-update-4.30.18838

sero1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 07:36 AM   #2
sero1911

"There is no image for the Libra H2O. It has fixed storage."
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=574

I wrote kobo customer care
Advert
Old 12-07-2021, 08:27 AM   #3
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
What i am interested in is how it got bricked by a dead battery.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 09:15 AM   #4
sero1911

it was just dead when I wanted to read something again. Frozen with my last ebook as a cover. I charged it 1h with no diffrence. Then I opened the back and meassured with the voltmeter the battery potential of 0V. So I decided to replace it. I soldered off the old battery, soldered on the new one in the previous cable orientation/polarity.
I checked the voltages with the voltmeter before and after charging it via USB.
The meassured battery potential rose from 3,5V to 4,2V - capped. Since then it's bricked. I started to factory reset it a described by kobo. But it shows no reaction besides being "se blank 6sll" under windows
Old 12-07-2021, 06:58 PM   #5
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
May i adk where did you sourced the replacement battery?
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2021, 01:42 PM   #6
sero1911

battery:
https://www.akku-king.net/akku-king-.../akku_20115048

https://i.ibb.co/7kGrtfM/IMG-20211128-133632.jpg

Last edited by sero1911; 12-08-2021 at 01:44 PM.
Old 12-08-2021, 01:56 PM   #7
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sero1911 View Post
Judging by the picture, a not thick 3000+ mAh battery will fit there.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 05:13 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sero1911 View Post
Hi, to keep it short

-deep end discharged my Kobo Libra after a trip
-voltmeter showed a dead battery
-replaced it with a new one (soldering) (can be charged via USB)
-device can't be hard reseted
-still shows my last ebook cover and is found via USB under WIN10 as "se blank 6sll"

by checking your forum I found out that it's bricked, is there the possibility to load the firmware back to the device via USB +script/software?

got this one (MARK 7 from your table): kobo-update-4.30.18838

You cannot load firmware on a Libra 1 as there is no such device called Libra 1. It's a figment of your imagination.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 05:37 PM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You cannot load firmware on a Libra 1 as there is no such device called Libra 1. It's a figment of your imagination.
Enough, Jon. Your snarkiness when people do not use a device name that you consider acceptable is getting extremely annoying.

The alternative though I find it very hard to believe is that you imagine that your behaviour is actually being helpful.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 06:13 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Enough, Jon. Your snarkiness when people do not use a device name that you consider acceptable is getting extremely annoying.

The alternative though I find it very hard to believe is that you imagine that your behaviour is actually being helpful.
I'm not the first one to bring up the issue of Libra 1 being wrong.
Old 12-10-2021, 06:46 AM   #11
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
When there was only one, it was a Libra, Kobo Libra or Kobo H2O Libra.

Now that there is a Mk2 Libra, it's reasonable to call it the Original Libra or retcon it to Libra 1. Libra is now ambiguous.

The official Amazon names are pretty useless.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 08:27 AM   #12
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'm not the first one to bring up the issue of Libra 1 being wrong.
But a mod has asked that thd name nitpicking stop.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 08:27 AM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post

Now that there is a Mk2 Libra, it's reasonable to call it the Original Libra or retcon it to Libra 1. Libra is now ambiguous.

The official Amazon names are pretty useless.
The Aura H2O has 3 different editions. The Libra H2O has no other editions. The Libra 2 is not an edition 2 to the Libra H2O.

That's like saying that the Aura H2O is the 2nd edition of the Aura HD.

Anyway, that's all I'll say on the matter.
Old 12-10-2021, 08:31 AM   #14
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post

Now that there is a Mk2 Libra, it's reasonable to call it the Original Libra or retcon it to Libra 1.
No it isn't. It has a name. Use the name that is printed on it, shown in the menus, is used through out the Kobo's support site. If you tell someone to search for "Libra 1", you won't find anything useful.

And it is weird seeing you say this. You jump on people for being inaccurate in so many ways. But here you are encouraging people to be inaccurate.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 10:37 AM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
No it isn't. It has a name. Use the name that is printed on it, shown in the menus, is used through out the Kobo's support site. If you tell someone to search for "Libra 1", you won't find anything useful.

And it is weird seeing you say this. You jump on people for being inaccurate in so many ways. But here you are encouraging people to be inaccurate.
Very well said. Thanks!

Tags
libra h2o