Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-19-2021, 05:24 AM   #256
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O2, iPadMini4, MBP; support AuraHD,Kindle,KAura
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
And why are Variants of Concern being given names, why not VoC-1, VoC-2 etc.
Because they're easy to remember, hard to muddle up, and largely uncontentious.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01483-0
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 11:52 AM   #257
Gardenman
Guru
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
They could name variants after world leaders who screwed up badly in managing Covid
If they did Trump would think they were honering him with the trump version.
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 12:12 PM   #258
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
Got my Pfizer booster today. I had some slight discomfort in my arm and a very mild headache that some hot coffee chased off. I had planned ahead and cooked meals for the weekend yesterday, so it was a mostly restful day.
Update - I am most fine today, just tired. My wife got hit with the full body aches and fever/chills in the middle of the night. Really glad today's pre-prepped meal is soup!
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote