Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-30-2021, 03:44 AM   #1
windirt
windirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra H2O, Kobo Libra2
Is there a Bluetooth page turner for Libra2?

When I put the Libra2 on the reading shelf on my desk, I was too lazy to lift my hand to turn the pages again.

So the question is, does the Libra 2 support a Bluetooth page turner? If so, which one should I get? Thanks in advance for your reply.
windirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 03:07 PM   #2
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by windirt View Post
So the question is, does the Libra 2 support a Bluetooth page turner?
Wow.

A bluetooth page turner?

Maybe you should buy audio books instead.
deleted2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2021, 07:21 PM   #3
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
@Claude_C, there are all kinds of reasons one might want such a thing, not the least of which could be a disability.

@windirt, I'd like a Bluetooth page-turner, as well. Watching this topic with interest.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 07:43 PM   #4
jesson345
Enthusiast
jesson345 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
Yes,seach "KOBOPAGETURNER" in github.

Someone successfully used Logitec R500 on Elipsa and Libra2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MilzHy4Equw
jesson345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 08:03 PM   #5
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
@Claude_C, there are all kinds of reasons one might want such a thing, not the least of which could be a disability.
Quote:
I was too lazy to lift my hand to turn the pages again.
Is laziness a form of disability?
deleted2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2021, 08:18 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Kobo added support for BLE keyboards/remote controls with the Elipsa. I am sure that this will have been in the Libra 2 and Sage as well. I don't have an appropriate device to test. There was discussion when the Elipsa came out and I'm sure some success was reported.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 05:14 AM   #7
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Kobo added support for BLE keyboards/remote controls with the Elipsa. I am sure that this will have been in the Libra 2 and Sage as well. I don't have an appropriate device to test. There was discussion when the Elipsa came out and I'm sure some success was reported.
Which is interesting, as from your analysis of bluetooth on Sage:

Quote:
... All that says to me that the Bluetooth is not actually active except when playing an audiobook and maybe for a short time afterwards.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=15
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 07:42 AM   #8
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
my only bluetooth device is a nintendo wii mote... the Kobo detects it as a bluetooth device but of course, it would require a Nintendo-specific driver to make it do anything. I actually installed one and got some input readouts but then of course my Libra 2 up and rebooted as it's prone to do as soon as I touch the telnet shell...

if official page turners work out of the box now, all the better. hope the power saving does not interfere with it, would be silly if it disabled bluetooth if you don't flip pages fast enough
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 08:32 AM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Which is interesting, as from your analysis of bluetooth on Sage:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=15
I thought of that while trying to find some details about the remotes. And trying to get my Bluetooth keyboard to connect. I think what I said is still reasonable valid. If you want to use a Bluetooth remote, I think you will need to go the the Bluetooth settings and connect to it. I don't think it will connect at other times. But, without a Bluetooh device that will work with it, I can't prove this.

For my Bluetooth keyboard, it had trouble connecting. When it did, I couldn't get it to turn the page. But, I think it disconnected before I could open a book. There isn't much feedback on what was happening, and I felt like I was flying blind.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 01:31 PM   #10
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
When I put the Libra2 on the reading shelf on my desk, I was too lazy to lift my hand to turn the pages again.

So the question is, does the Libra 2 support a Bluetooth page turner? If so, which one should I get? Thanks in advance for your reply.
This alternative works well:

7.9" Extra long stylus

Last edited by Skydog; 12-01-2021 at 01:44 PM.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 05:14 AM   #11
windirt
windirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra H2O, Kobo Libra2
I did some new tests.

I have a mini bluetooth gamepad(8bitdo zero 2), which was used on my Boox ereader as a page turner.

This gamepad has multiple working mode, one is emulating a keyboard.

I connected the gamepad with Libra 2 successfully.

When I press the button on the gamepad, The letters do appear in the input box of Libra 2.

Unfortunately, the default keyboard setting of this gamepad is not the direction keys on the keyboard, but some letters( J K I L M O N....)

Then I telnet to the Libra 2, find the /dev/input/event3 is the gamepad

running evtest /dev/input/event3 and press the button

Code:
Testing ... (interrupt to exit)
Event: time 1638439135.755665, type 4 (Misc), code 4 (ScanCode), value 70009
Event: time 1638439135.755665 ------- Report Sync ------ x: 36808 y: 36728 p: 0 ------------
Event: time 1638439135.849393, type 4 (Misc), code 4 (ScanCode), value 70009
Event: time 1638439135.849393 ------- Report Sync ------ x: 36808 y: 36728 p: 0
So here is the new question, how to intercept this scan code and map it to the normal page turn key? I apologize in advance for my poor knowledge of linux.
windirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 05:47 AM   #12
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PaperWhite 5, Aura One, Glowlight Plus, Scribe, Sage
omg, just use your finger and touch the screen. And maybe seek counseling on that ultra-extreme laziness.
LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 12:37 PM   #13
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDB View Post
omg, just use your finger and touch the screen. And maybe seek counseling on that ultra-extreme laziness.
Or you could just ignore the thread since it's clearly not relevant to you.
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 02:10 AM   #14
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps

First of all, there is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to utilize technology that exists. The OP already said he was lazy. So what?

I was part of the original thread on discussing this issue when the Elipsa first came out. I had fun pairing various devices to my Elipsa hoping to test the page turn feature. It seemed only a dedicated presentation device would do the trick. In the end, it wasn’t something I needed, so investing money into a Bluetooth presentation device didn’t interest me. I imagine others in the thread felt the same.

Secondly, the Logitech R500 has been the only verified device that I have seen working with the Elipsa as a page turning device (as seen in that YouTube video above). Now that the R500 has been discontinued (replaced with the R500s), you can get them for $45 USD instead of $60. Personally, I still would rather spend $45 on something else than this, and I have no need for a laser pointer, but if I could pick up a used one under $20, I might jump at it for the fun of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Cootey; 12-08-2021 at 02:23 AM.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 02:18 AM   #15
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps

Quote:
So here is the new question, how to intercept this scan code and map it to the normal page turn key? I apologize in advance for my poor knowledge of linux.
Hacking an 8bitdo is a bit outside the scope of this forum. You may have to look elsewhere for that info.

You’ve encountered the problem we discovered on the original Elipsa thread on this topic. We could pair many different devices to the Elipsa, but none of them sent the “page turn” signal. Even keyboards couldn’t do it. It turned out only a presentation device sent out that actual signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote