Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-09-2021, 04:22 AM   #46
phlame64
phlame64 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
This led me to hard reset my Kobo Aura One (2016) due to a boot loop after the update. I had more than 400 books inside of it, highlights, notes. Lost everything. In addition, after the update Calibre won't recognize the Kobo database anymore, giving a "Kobo database version unsupported" error message.
phlame64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 05:04 AM   #47
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlame64 View Post
This led me to hard reset my Kobo Aura One (2016) due to a boot loop after the update. I had more than 400 books inside of it, highlights, notes. Lost everything. In addition, after the update Calibre won't recognize the Kobo database anymore, giving a "Kobo database version unsupported" error message.
Do you have a backup database?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2021, 06:17 AM   #48
martinot
Swedish Kobo User
martinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kobo Forma, Kindle Paperwhite 11, iPad mini 6
Is it just my device, Forma, that blinks/refreshes a lot in the setttings menus with 4.30.18838?
martinot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 07:49 AM   #49
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
. In addition, after the update Calibre won't recognize the Kobo database anymore, giving a "Kobo database version unsupported" error message.
Just do what calibre tells you; check the option in the Calibre Kobo driver to support unsupported versions.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 06:56 AM   #50
therourke
therourke began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Just do what calibre tells you; check the option in the Calibre Kobo driver to support unsupported versions.
This doesn't work with my Kobo Clara HD. I currently can only send books to the device through Windows explorer, and Calibre exhibits a whole host of weird behaviours when interacting with the device.
therourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2021, 07:27 AM   #51
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by therourke View Post
This doesn't work with my Kobo Clara HD. I currently can only send books to the device through Windows explorer, and Calibre exhibits a whole host of weird behaviours when interacting with the device.
So please run calibre in debug mode and post the log that is produced

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 08:54 AM   #52
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Like?

Calibre should work with any release of firmware on a Clara HD, or any other Kobo device. Unless you have a very old version of calibre. If you are getting a "whole host of weird behaviours" you should not be. If you tell us what they are, we can probably tell you how to fix them. And the debug log that @PeterT suggests will help with that. Of course, it might be a misunderstanding that we can clear up.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 09:43 AM   #53
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
If calibre isn't working correctly with your device, I'd worry you might have a corrupt database on the device.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 05:55 PM   #54
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
In addition, after the update Calibre won't recognize the Kobo database anymore, giving a "Kobo database version unsupported" error message.
Did you try following the advice in the error message? Or perhaps do a search on the error message? On Google, using '"Kobo database version unsupported" site:mobileread.com' gives a rather large number of hits. One hit from 2012 has a thread titled: Failed: Kobo database version unsupported? while another from 2016 has a thread titled: Kobo database version unsupported as examples.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 02:43 AM   #55
phlame64
phlame64 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Do you have a backup database?
I have backups of my Calibre library, but I didn't have backups of my Kobo database, unfortunately. Also, I still haven't figured out how to sync highlights and notes in books between my Kobo Aura One and Calibre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
This worked just fine, no problems so far. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Did you try following the advice in the error message? Or perhaps do a search on the error message? On Google, using '"Kobo database version unsupported" site:mobileread.com' gives a rather large number of hits. One hit from 2012 has a thread titled: Failed: Kobo database version unsupported? while another from 2016 has a thread titled: Kobo database version unsupported as examples.
Thank you, I had googled myself and came up with the same solution, but refrained myself from trying it in fear of it being just an experimental, unstable, temporary solution. I did now, and things are working alright so far. Fingers crossed.
phlame64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 11:04 AM   #56
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
The battery recharging light doesn't work when recharging the KA1 with this new version.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 11:23 AM   #57
Number9
Dude
Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One; Kobo Aura H2o; Sony Reader PRS-T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
The battery recharging light doesn't work when recharging the KA1 with this new version.
It shines with a red light for a few seconds on my KA1 and then dies, so I guess I can confirm.
Number9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 12:33 PM   #58
tschucha
Zealot
tschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
Same thing on my new Sage. Plug it in, power light comes on for a few seconds then goes off. Light works fine on Kobo Forma.
tschucha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 12:48 PM   #59
therourke
therourke began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Using latest Calibre with 'try unsupported firmware' doesn't work. I can't see which books are on the device and nothing updates. Whether I check or uncheck unsupported firmware I get this error message:

Quote:
calibre, version 5.32.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 513, in _books
File "calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1980, in books
apsw.CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed
I reset my Kobo Clara to factory (with latest firmware) and this doesn't solve the issue.
therourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 07:10 PM   #60
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Using latest Calibre with 'try unsupported firmware' doesn't work. I can't see which books are on the device and nothing updates. Whether I check or uncheck unsupported firmware I get this error message:

I reset my Kobo Clara to factory (with latest firmware) and this doesn't solve the issue.
Which has absolutely nothing to do with using that option. The error says the database base is corrupt. Unfortunately, that happens for some known and some unknown reasons. That it is happened after the update is probably a coincidence. About the only reason it is more likely to be noticed after a firmware update is that the device gets rebooted. And when that happens, some existing issues, like a corrupted database, get noticed.

How did you do the factory reset? There are multiple methods and some produce different results. That you got corrupt database afters is strange. But, did the device take you through the setup process?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release