Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-03-2022, 05:54 PM   #31
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by tschucha View Post
The bug where the led power light turns off after about 5 seconds is still there on the Kobo Sage.

To duplicate:

Plug USB3 power cable into Kobo Sage
White LED lights up
After a few seconds LED goes off
Device will continue to charge, just no LED indication
Same with my Libra 2. When you connect it to a charger, led lits up, then blinks a few times, then turns off. It still charges though without the led. And yes, the led when charging setting is turned to ON.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 08:01 PM   #32
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
You might have been thinking of my comments about the Sage: essentially same board as the Elipsa, but with half the RAM (i.e., 512MB), but the same (roughly) large (ish) amount of reserved memory by the sunxi display driver.

The only thing I'd have to say about the Libra 2 is that it's probably the most finicky kernel we've seen, but the impact of that is hangs/crashes, nothing RAM related (almost all of the issues I've seen on that front are epdc related, and possibly power delivery adjacent). Then again, confirmation bias: the epdc is what I care about most, so I'm bound to notice those more than the average Joe ;p .
Yes, I believe it was you. I was torn between you and frostshultz though I don't believe he's got his hands on a libra 2 or the Sage for that matter.

I wonder if that could have been the root of the issue PetBest reported, though I'd stand by my previous comment of not wanting to spend too much time or mental energy until/unless the issue returns and is at least mildly repeatable. It'd be a bit like throwing pebbles down a well to try and measure the distance from the top of the well to the top of a barn, and down that path madness lies.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 08:50 PM   #33
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
I was torn between you and frostshultz though I don't believe he's got his hands on a libra 2 or the Sage for that matter.

the last post is rather interesting, if you like that sort of thing https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...342428&page=59

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 02:37 AM   #34
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
I got a Libra 2 on Thursday, copied over my Aura setup from these great instructions, patched with geek1011's patchkit with about 14 patches enabled, and have read for about 3 or 4 hours without a glitch.
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 05:37 AM   #35
windirt
windirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra H2O, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
I read for about two hours last night and i have yet to experience a freeze/hang that i experienced in 4.32 fw.

I use 14 patches, nickelmenu and nanoclock.
I upgraded my Libra2 to 4.33 and applied a couple of space reduction patches. Heavy use for a day without the usual 4.32 freeze.

So I tried to install nanoclock, in a few hours of use encountered two crashes, the crash means no response when turning the page, the reader automatically restarted after a few seconds, I lost the progress of this reading.

Since you are not experiencing crashing problems with nanoclock, I wonder if some setting in my nanoclock is causing the crash, please refer to my nanoclock.ini which in the attachment. Maybe I have enabled a setting that you have not enabled.
Attached Files
File Type: zip nanoclock.zip (2.7 KB, 78 views)
windirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 08:20 AM   #36
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Installation of 4.33 seems to have gone well on my Clara HD. I was having problems with my side-loaded fonts and now I'm not. So it looks good so far.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 12:17 PM   #37
tschucha
Zealot
tschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Same with my Libra 2. When you connect it to a charger, led lits up, then blinks a few times, then turns off. It still charges though without the led. And yes, the led when charging setting is turned to ON.
I wish they'd fix this damn thing - it worked with the stock firmware (4.28 or 4.29 I forget which) and has been broken since then.
tschucha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 04:23 PM   #38
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@windirt: There's a giant warning in NanoClock about the Libra 2 being a crashing mess, and NanoClock being the perfect way to make that worse .

So, yes, it's probably not helping .

(Hell, depending on the alignment of the planets, you might not even be able to successfully *boot* a Libra 2 with NanoClock enabled...).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 04:25 PM   #39
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Quote:
On the Libra 2, and like the Wifi/Bluetooth entanglement, there seems to be also some connection between the Led and USB-C. When I have had the connection menu popup (for instance due to making a physical connection to my PC) and I then press Cancel, the Led remains on when putting the reader in sleep while charging. Thereafter, it remains on until charged 100%.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 04:29 PM   #40
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
That's because none of this is a bug, the new behavior is correct. The LED is powered down when the device itself is powered down or in a low power state (i.e., suspend to RAM). There was an issue where being plugged in could prevent the device from successfully entering a low power state, which, besides making your charge time longer, and potentially confusing Nickel's idea of how to suspend the device later on, caused the charging LED to stay on. *That* was a bug .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 04:37 PM   #41
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Quote:
[...] or in a low power state (i.e., suspend to RAM).
So low powered state = "sleep" mode?
If so, what is then the state in "sleep" mode with an attached USB charging cable? Because in my case, then the led is continuously on.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 06:59 PM   #42
tschucha
Zealot
tschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kobo Sage
So this LED behavior is intentional? On my wife's Forma the LED light stays on when plugged into the power. Of course the Forma has a USB-B and not a USB-C.

By the way - the power required to keep the LED constantly on cannot be very much.

They should either make this an option or go back to the old way of leaving the light on so you can easily see if the power connection is solid.
tschucha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 08:17 PM   #43
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That's because none of this is a bug, the new behavior is correct. The LED is powered down when the device itself is powered down or in a low power state (i.e., suspend to RAM). There was an issue where being plugged in could prevent the device from successfully entering a low power state, which, besides making your charge time longer, and potentially confusing Nickel's idea of how to suspend the device later on, caused the charging LED to stay on. *That* was a bug .
So what then is the purspose of the setting to toggle "Indicator light while charging" if the indicator light won't be on while charging?
Old 06-04-2022, 08:21 PM   #44
Deobulakenyo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by windirt View Post
I upgraded my Libra2 to 4.33 and applied a couple of space reduction patches. Heavy use for a day without the usual 4.32 freeze.

So I tried to install nanoclock, in a few hours of use encountered two crashes, the crash means no response when turning the page, the reader automatically restarted after a few seconds, I lost the progress of this reading.

Since you are not experiencing crashing problems with nanoclock, I wonder if some setting in my nanoclock is causing the crash, please refer to my nanoclock.ini which in the attachment. Maybe I have enabled a setting that you have not enabled.
I have wrestled with nanoclock for a long time since i bought my Libra 2 (disappearing clock after connecting to PC and refreshing the database) until NiLuJe fixed it with the latest version. Make sure uou use the very latest one. If the problem persists, i will give you my config.ini and you can try that.
Old 06-04-2022, 11:31 PM   #45
windirt
windirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra H2O, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
I have wrestled with nanoclock for a long time since i bought my Libra 2 (disappearing clock after connecting to PC and refreshing the database) until NiLuJe fixed it with the latest version. Make sure uou use the very latest one. If the problem persists, i will give you my config.ini and you can try that.
yes, I'm using the 0.11.3, but I saw the 0.11.4 just released.

Last edited by windirt; 06-04-2022 at 11:40 PM.
windirt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release